New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2826731
    Malabo yata mangyari yan kasi from raw material na crude oil, refineries as their name implies refines crude oil in various stages at di hamak na mas konti ang stages para maging diesel kesa sa proseso para maging gasoline. So mas madaming proseso mas mahal, at mas konti proseso mas mura.
    diesel pump price in the philippines, is not purely a manufacturing decision. it is a political decision.
    years ago, it was intentionally (inamin nila!) priced to sell less than gasoline, because "diesel is the fuel of the masses". in those times, almost all public transport vehicles used diesel, and most private vehicles used gasoline. (guys, guess who "subsidized" the low price of diesel.)
    in other countries, diesel costs about the same as gasoline, or even higher (also political?).
    Last edited by dr. d; May 4th, 2017 at 10:08 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Sirs,

Maibalik ko lang sa original topic, based on what i read on the specifications between the two the following items below are the differences:

Meron sa G pero wala sa E
    1. mood light
    2. navi system
    3. auto climate control (front and rear)
    4. combination of fabric orange/brown seats
    5. rear sensors
    6. full steering control
    7. wood panel
    8. electric folding mirrors
    9. chrome door handle
    10. chrome grill accent
    11. paddle lamp (light under the side mirrors)
    12. folding tray behind front seats.
    13. Alarm with immobilizer

Are these additional specs worth the difference? Thanks

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartbuddy View Post
    Sirs,

Maibalik ko lang sa original topic, based on what i read on the specifications between the two the following items below are the differences:

1. mood light
    2. navi system
    5. rear sensors
    6. full steering control
    7. wood panel
    9. chrome door handle
    10. chrome grill accent

AFAIK, almost all of the features mentioned can be easily installed as aftermarket add-ons. If you want them, you might even spend less than the price difference between the two variants.

Personally, I can do without the mood lighting and puddle lamps. HU can be easily replaced with an even better sounding unit and coupled with a backup camera which removes the need for outdated sensors. I might've sprung for the G if it were leather, but I find the orange seats odd-looking. I saw whole full-featured Toyota steering wheels for sale in the Facebook site of a shop in Araneta, so even that can be installed aftermarket. Same can be said for the chrome inserts, power folding mirrors (though most likely a bit expensive) and alarm.

Needless to say, I'd go for the E.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sirs,

1. mood light
    2. navi system
    5. rear sensors
    6. full steering control
    7. wood panel
    9. chrome door handle
    10. chrome grill accent

i have an E. i had the alarm installed in-casa. ...got the cheapest they had to offer. ok naman.
    i don't miss those other added conveniences at all. ...well, maybe except for the rear sensors. kaka-atras ko lang kasi sa aircon duct... ouch!
    if buyer wishes, as GTI says, get an E and have the accessories you want, installed ex-casa.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 4th, 2017 at 08:26 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Sirs,

1. mood light
    2. navi system
    5. rear sensors
    6. full steering control
    7. wood panel
    9. chrome door handle
    10. chrome grill accent

I have a g variant para sakin its worth yung added features ng g. para ka narin naka suv sa mga added featured nya. Mas practical lang talaga yung e kung ano lang kelangan yun na yung nasa e variant. Correction walang immobilizer yung g keyless entry lang. Ang ayaw ko sa g yung auto climate control. Kelangan mo adjust fan speed everytime you turn on. Mas madali gamitin yung manual ng aircon sa e.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have an E. i had the alarm installed in-casa. ...got the cheapest they had to offer. ok naman.
    i don't miss those other added conveniences at all. ...well, maybe except for the rear sensors. kaka-atras ko lang kasi sa aircon duct... ouch!
    if buyer wishes, as GTI says, get an E and have the accessories you want, installed ex-casa.
    Install a backup cam! I got mine for just 1500, coupled to my touchscreen HU. If feeling cheap, then backup mirror. Came stock with the Granvia and had one installed on Revo. One of the most useful purchases in my life. 😆

Auto climate control doesn't have much appeal to me. My 20 year old Granvia has it. Doesn't make the aircon any cooler than the Revo's traditional slide type aircon (both newly cleaned).

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Install a backup cam! I got mine for just 1500, coupled to my touchscreen HU. If feeling cheap, then backup mirror. Came stock with the Granvia and had one installed on Revo. One of the most useful purchases in my life. 😆

Auto climate control doesn't have much appeal to me. My 20 year old Granvia has it. Doesn't make the aircon any cooler than the Revo's traditional slide type aircon (both newly cleaned).

i know!
    in my old besta with mirrors, i could back up to within 2 inches of... (of course, the super-smooth mazda clutch that i had installed, helped.)
    but my current innova has no touch screen... huhuhu.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i know!
    in my old besta with mirrors, i could back up to within 2 inches of... (of course, the super-smooth mazda clutch that i had installed, helped.)
    but my current innova has no touch screen... huhuhu.
    Haha backup mirror ulit. Cheap too. Have LEDs installed in the reverse lights for better night visibility.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Haha backup mirror ulit. Cheap too. Have LEDs installed in the reverse lights for better night visibility.

ayoko kasing mag-butas sa metal...
    meron bang clamp-style, at tatagal ba yon?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    No touchscreen HU? No problem. Get an external 5" LCD monitor for P1250. It has dual video inputs so you can connect 2 cameras.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast