New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm taking a long vacation up here in Aomori (south of Hokkaido). Here where there's a lot of snow, The Mitsu RVR is quite popular along with anything Subaru. There are tons of Subaru turbo AWD Legacys, Foresters, and Imprezas. I decided to return the Nissan Cube and rent an older Subaru AWD Impreza (non-turbo). That AWD makes a big difference in the snow.

Mitsu RVR
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 21st, 2006 at 11:04 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    There is an Daihatsu identical version of the Avanza? Or is that a hypothetical?
    That is not a hypothetical question. Daihatsu has their own version of their Avanza (called the Xenia). Mas nauna pa yata sila. The Daihatsu Terios is also being sold as the Toyota Rush. The top-line Terios is more comprehensively equipped than the Rush.

Here is the Xenia:

And if anyone is wondering, yes, Toyota is Daihatsu's parent company.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose243 View Post
    I'm here in Japan for almost three years now. I worked with American and Japanese nationals. I asked my Japanese co-worker why I seldom see Mitsubishi vehicles on the road... Reply were, the number one vehicle company in Japan is Toyota. Honda and Nissan is equally even or neck to neck. Mitsubishi is all the way down at the bottom for reason they said, company hides their vehicular defects. For all of you Nissan car owner 2001 and up, good news, Nissan, they said is surpassing Honda and catching up with Toyota in reliability and style here in Japan. Mitsubishi company, dumped their vehicle to other country.. Again, this is the word of few Japanese guy I asked not the majority or survey of Japanese people.
    Its true nasira pangalan ng Mitsu sa Japan dahil sa mga hidden defects ng mga product nila specially the FUSO truck brand which lead them to almost bankcrupcy.

Nissan pala is the 2nd largest automaker in Japan.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mitsubishi lost it all because of not acknowledging recall-level defects. Which is why, despite the bad publicity from issuing such, Toyota issues lots of recalls, just to assure people that they're not hiding anything.

Mitsubishi now is where Nissan was a decade ago... suffering long term consequences for problems they've already corrected. It'll take them a long time to regain people's confidence.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Oi same story din from my dad who came from Tokyo weeks ago. Tinanong ni erpat bat daw walang Pajero, sabi ng hapon "no good". Kung andun lang ako sasabihin ko lul nasa nag dadrive yan Anyway halos lahat daw toyota nasa kalsada..
    iba naman sabi ng Japanese counterparts na nakipag-usap sa group ng dad ko around 5 years ago, they're making fun of the many Pajeros in our streets back then. sa kanila daw, sa farm lang ginagamit yun hindi sa city

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa kanila daw, sa farm lang ginagamit yun
    Yep, a lot of SUV's are used in the Japanese countryside. But without the 'lang' because Japanese farmers are proud of the work they do and the equipment they use (including other farm implements, not just their SUVs).

When I'm using my Pajero to haul stuff on the farm, people look at me as if an alien had just landed.
    Last edited by OTEP; December 22nd, 2006 at 03:42 AM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I'm taking a long vacation up here in Aomori (south of Hokkaido). Here where there's a lot of snow, The Mitsu RVR is quite popular along with anything Subaru. There are tons of Subaru turbo AWD Legacys, Foresters, and Imprezas. I decided to return the Nissan Cube and rent an older Subaru AWD Impreza (non-turbo). That AWD makes a big difference in the snow.

Mitsu RVR
    Jun, Are you in Misawa AB?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose243 View Post
    I'm here in Japan for almost three years now. I worked with American and Japanese nationals. I asked my Japanese co-worker why I seldom see Mitsubishi vehicles on the road... Reply were, the number one vehicle company in Japan is Toyota. Honda and Nissan is equally even or neck to neck. Mitsubishi is all the way down at the bottom for reason they said, company hides their vehicular defects. For all of you Nissan car owner 2001 and up, good news, Nissan, they said is surpassing Honda and catching up with Toyota in reliability and style here in Japan. Mitsubishi company, dumped their vehicle to other country.. Again, this is the word of few Japanese guy I asked not the majority or survey of Japanese people.
    I lived in Japan for over 9 years, atleast when I was there, Toyota is #1 followed by Nissan then Honda. As for Mitsu sure it is way down at the end of the line, but Mitsu is a very big company, back then (I don't know now) it is the biggest company in Japan, from electronics, gas stations, cooking oil and Mitsu make Aircrafts and I Think meron din silang ship building just to name a few.
    Last edited by Camgen6; December 22nd, 2006 at 01:01 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ndi kaya dahil sa yakuza connections ng ibang board of directors nila...

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Anyway iba ang usapan dito sa Pilipinas, kahit ano pa ang sabihin ng mga Hapon, in the philippines Mitsubishi rules..andami pang boxtype na tumatakbo,kahit yung mga L type na lancer at colt galant....Every mechanic in these islands most likely knows how to tinker with a mitsubishi..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Toyota,Honda,Nissan, Mitsubishi