New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm here in Japan for almost three years now. I worked with American and Japanese nationals. I asked my Japanese co-worker why I seldom see Mitsubishi vehicles on the road... Reply were, the number one vehicle company in Japan is Toyota. Honda and Nissan is equally even or neck to neck. Mitsubishi is all the way down at the bottom for reason they said, company hides their vehicular defects. For all of you Nissan car owner 2001 and up, good news, Nissan, they said is surpassing Honda and catching up with Toyota in reliability and style here in Japan. Mitsubishi company, dumped their vehicle to other country.. Again, this is the word of few Japanese guy I asked not the majority or survey of Japanese people.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Toyota is more reliable? Well, he shares the view of most people - until you own one (just don't fall prey to the spreading Toyota fanboy club who argues that Toyotas are bulletproof and have zero defect)! :hysterical:

IMO - the quality & reliability of Japanese manufacturers are almost the same.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It boils down to the specific products itself, not the brand.

All manufacturers have good and not so good models.

And of course, it will also depend on your intended usage of the product.

I don't believe in one brand being vastly superior over another. It's vehicle vs. vehicle not logo vs. logo.

People here are buying the Avanza in droves. Why? Probably because it has the 'sombrero' logo (Toyota). If Daihatsu decided to sell their own [identical] version of the Avanza, I bet it wouldn't even make a blip on the local automotive scene. Such is the way Filipinos buy cars. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Well, IMO, brand loyalty lang ang mga japs.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    People here are buying the Avanza in droves. Why? Probably because it has the 'sombrero' logo (Toyota). If Daihatsu decided to sell their own [identical] version of the Avanza, I bet it wouldn't even make a blip on the local automotive scene. Such is the way Filipinos buy cars. hehehe.
    Yup, that's the way a lot of Filipinos buy cars. Just to widen the comparo, since Hyundai is making its way up, then the Pinoy buyer not only relies on the 'T' badge nowadays.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Sometimes, top manufacturers are guilty of using their name in order to lure people into their not-so-good models. They are technically ruining good track records of the concerned vehicles, but unfortunately, hardly anyone noticed that.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    If Daihatsu decided to sell their own [identical] version of the Avanza, I bet it wouldn't even make a blip on the local automotive scene. Such is the way Filipinos buy cars. hehehe.
    There is an Daihatsu identical version of the Avanza? Or is that a hypothetical?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i'm not fan of mitsu, pero kung papansinin mo, a lot of mitsu lancer itlogs and singkits are still running around.

not to mention the L300 van -- it's been around for more than a decade na i think, virtually unchanged. now i don't think even toyota has a model that lasted that long.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Oi same story din from my dad who came from Tokyo weeks ago. Tinanong ni erpat bat daw walang Pajero, sabi ng hapon "no good". Kung andun lang ako sasabihin ko lul nasa nag dadrive yan Anyway halos lahat daw toyota nasa kalsada..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose243 View Post
    I'm here in Japan for almost three years now. I worked with American and Japanese nationals. I asked my Japanese co-worker why I seldom see Mitsubishi vehicles on the road... Reply were, the number one vehicle company in Japan is Toyota. Honda and Nissan is equally even or neck to neck. Mitsubishi is all the way down at the bottom for reason they said, company hides their vehicular defects. For all of you Nissan car owner 2001 and up, good news, Nissan, they said is surpassing Honda and catching up with Toyota in reliability and style here in Japan. Mitsubishi company, dumped their vehicle to other country.. Again, this is the word of few Japanese guy I asked not the majority or survey of Japanese people.
    Loose243, Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

I remember my Japanese boss telling me before that Nissan used to be the most 'technological' automaker during the 80's and was revered by many Japanese who are at their 50's and 60's by now so it continues to be a vehicle of choice (esp in the mid-luxury market) despite their downfall and eventual acquisition by French Renault in the 90's.
    Toyota on the other hand was the first 'global' Japanese automaker thus having the 'No. 1' moniker for many years even if it had many 'failures' in the past.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Toyota,Honda,Nissan, Mitsubishi