New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    Ang corny ng motion car comparo....puro aesthetics...akala ko i-tinest nila sa hard terrains sa clark....boring and not fair for hi-lux yung comparison nila...

In my opinion,
    1) they should have forded it in waist deep waters,
    2) they should have run it accross a newly harvested tubo plantation around pampanga/porac area after a rain para may thrill (dati walang binatbat ang fuego 4x4 sa hilux 4x4 of the same era),
    3) they should have run it sa drag-strip (also in clark) and got the best times on a quarter mile,
    4) they should have made a fuel consumption/milelage test on controlled conditions (same driver for both cars, same distance and same traffic conditions),
    5) they should have loaded the pick-up's bed and check its effective loading capability,
    6) they should have run it towards pinatubo tracks and see which one gets to run farther up to pinatubo
    7) they should have made a slalom test run to see which one fares in handling,
    8) they should have measured the braking distance after running on a certain speed

nampucha, they had the vehicles for a week and that was all they can say...sheeess! No offense to the writers of that article .... but IMHO they were not fair in testing the 2 rides and the article wasn't worth printing or reading (parang binayaran lang sila ng D-Max).

my 2 cents. peace out!
    hehehe... of course, the insurance company won't allow these kind of testing. most of all, if you get a chance to get test units from the dealers hanggang hi-way testing lang yan. even if you got some owners to lend you their units, would they allow their 1.4M car to be driven on muddy terrains? loaded with all sorts of stuff? rev'd to the limit just to see which one crosses the line first? good luck!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    Ang corny ng motion car comparo....puro aesthetics...akala ko i-tinest nila sa hard terrains sa clark....boring and not fair for hi-lux yung comparison nila...

In my opinion,
    1) they should have forded it in waist deep waters,
    2) they should have run it accross a newly harvested tubo plantation around pampanga/porac area after a rain para may thrill (dati walang binatbat ang fuego 4x4 sa hilux 4x4 of the same era),
    3) they should have run it sa drag-strip (also in clark) and got the best times on a quarter mile,
    4) they should have made a fuel consumption/milelage test on controlled conditions (same driver for both cars, same distance and same traffic conditions),
    5) they should have loaded the pick-up's bed and check its effective loading capability,
    6) they should have run it towards pinatubo tracks and see which one gets to run farther up to pinatubo
    7) they should have made a slalom test run to see which one fares in handling,
    8) they should have measured the braking distance after running on a certain speed

nampucha, they had the vehicles for a week and that was all they can say...sheeess! No offense to the writers of that article .... but IMHO they were not fair in testing the 2 rides and the article wasn't worth printing or reading (parang binayaran lang sila ng D-Max).

my 2 cents. peace out!
    I thought the motioncars article was pretty fair and decent... maybe you just disagree with the conclusions...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    crd ba yung engine nang Dmax? if yes why 130hp lang sa 3.0L engine.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, ultraman. i sad to say hindi.EFI lang siya. apparently, Isuzu is cutting cost, kaya wala pang CRDi. i'd say, if you'll consider a DMax, get the LS variant (4x2 / 4x4) its great and gives a lot of value for money

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    test the merchandize first and check if it will adapt to your usage,if you think the one will be more beneficial than the other e di mas ok, dont rely on given specs alone, dont rely on what the agent boast of their product siyempre they will give all praises, you yourself should decide which vehicle is more opt for your needs

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    LS variant? is there another Dmax varaint? regarding altera crdi na yun diba? 3.0L and what its hp rating?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraman
    LS variant? is there another Dmax varaint? regarding altera crdi na yun diba? 3.0L and what its hp rating?
    Opo CRDi na sya, with the new I-TEQ 4JJ1 Direct Injection Turbo Charged with Intercooler and 146hp.

Kung tutuusin dehado pa nga D-max considering na EFI lang sya compared to Hi-lux CRDi engine.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    how many years na ba yung Dmax are they planing to upgrade soon?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy
    I thought the motioncars article was pretty fair and decent... maybe you just disagree with the conclusions...
    Sorry sir, but you are dead wrong to conclude that I disagree with their conclusions....what I meant with my previous post was "I don't agree with their METHODS of test..."

You can ask anybody who buys and uses a pick-up...yung nabangit ko na mga "test" would be more appropriate to do if you really want to evaluate the capability of a pick-up.

(I know because almost 80% of my driving life, I have been driving pick-ups...currently I drive a frontier, I also often drive the dmax of an officemate...but I haven't driven a hilux... but have lots of friends who drive/own one and would swear that hilux is un-replaceable)

just my 2 cents. peace!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    yeah i like to see both pickups really showing what they are suppose to do. and whos 4x4 system is better.

Toyota Hilux or Isuzu Dmax or Nissan Frontier???