New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    We recently bought 8 new 4x4 Frontiers for fleet use. Cheaper (P1.090M) kasi than the comparable Hilux (P1.25M - but this is for the D4D model, phased-out na kasi ang 2.8liter varety nila).

Good things about the Frontier is that for a lot less money you get add-on features like automatic front hub locks, power windows, remote door locks, driver side ABS, wider tires, etc. This was non-existent in the more expensive base Hilux 4x4. The downside is cramped rear seats.

Although it has a bigger engine (3.2liters), the Frontier has a harder time going up steep, rugged mountain roads than our 1994 Hilux with the 2.8liter engine. On the highway, one of our drivers managed to nudge it up to 160kph.

Can't compare it though with the new Hilux. We did not buy that because sayang naman gamitin sa bundok.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    check out the comparo of the hilux and dmax

http://www.motioncars.com/front/index.html

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: calcite, I heard that HIGH SPEED tranny ang configuration ng Frontier that's why it can do fast speeds sa highway (actually my 2.7E can do 1605kph on its stock 215R15 tires and the 2.7S I use to drive can do 170kph on its stock 195R14)...downside niya sa akyatan kasi the LOW SPEED gears is not really as low speed than a 1994 hilux.

A solution to climbing problem that is to modify the gearing ratio ng differential or ng tranny....I don't know kung dapat pati transfer case gears dapat i-modify.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    dressed to D-Max!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i choose dmax

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    bias ako. d-max pa rin. amenity-wise, i will vouch for dmax. its got abs+ebd, dual airbags, traction control, rac & pinion steering. plus, quite efficient with fuel. can do 13km/l on a combined conditions.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hilux ako...

pero maganda din naman ang dmax aka holden rodeo...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sheet!!! wala kasing black na d-max pa dito (yata)....ang ganda!

I think the first negative comment on the d-max 4x4 was that its computer box is located underneath the driver side seat flooring...so sa water fording na malalim, it would stall or die out dahil prone mabasa sa tubig!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang corny ng motion car comparo....puro aesthetics...akala ko i-tinest nila sa hard terrains sa clark....boring and not fair for hi-lux yung comparison nila...

In my opinion,
    1) they should have forded it in waist deep waters,
    2) they should have run it accross a newly harvested tubo plantation around pampanga/porac area after a rain para may thrill (dati walang binatbat ang fuego 4x4 sa hilux 4x4 of the same era),
    3) they should have run it sa drag-strip (also in clark) and got the best times on a quarter mile,
    4) they should have made a fuel consumption/milelage test on controlled conditions (same driver for both cars, same distance and same traffic conditions),
    5) they should have loaded the pick-up's bed and check its effective loading capability,
    6) they should have run it towards pinatubo tracks and see which one gets to run farther up to pinatubo
    7) they should have made a slalom test run to see which one fares in handling,
    8) they should have measured the braking distance after running on a certain speed

nampucha, they had the vehicles for a week and that was all they can say...sheeess! No offense to the writers of that article .... but IMHO they were not fair in testing the 2 rides and the article wasn't worth printing or reading (parang binayaran lang sila ng D-Max).

my 2 cents. peace out!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May Black D-Max na. DMAX 2005. Kasabay nito ang locally assembled na D-Max LX - No safety features yata ito.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Toyota Hilux or Isuzu Dmax or Nissan Frontier???