New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I don't drive neither of those two coz I drive Dmax so I don't know how they perform.

1. Exterior - Hilux (For me it looks more manly)
    2. Engine Power - I think almost the same but I'll go with Strada
    3. Interior - Strada
    4. Price (consider value for money like amenities and stuff) - Strada
    5. Ride - No idea (But my sister told me the Strada rides like a car)
    6. Problems? - Just read both forums
    7. Aftersales service - No Idea
    8. Any new models coming for these two brands? - I think they have already released the facelifted Hilux. I am not sure with Strada, though.

If I were you, I would go with the Strada. Bang for the buck and the engine is at par with its rival. You just have to live with those issues, but the good thing is they can be fixed. Also, there is the very dependable and very active (based from reading their forum) Strada Club of the Philippines who is always there to help you with regards to the issues of your truck.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Among these, Strada is the best. Great ride, good handling, no problems with the engine, some minor issues which are easily addressed. As long as it doesn't stall, I guess we're fine.

Navara is the most powerful though. It trumps both Strada 3.2 and Hilux 3.0 in raw power.

Hilux is popular being Toyota but a lot of people including some tsikoteers already experienced the dreaded choking and stalling problem so I'm not sure what we can call people who still buys the D-4D given its problems. hhehehehe.

As for safety, EuroNCAP rates '08 Strada with 4-stars, '08 Navara with 3-stars, Hilux wasn't tested by EuroNCAP so we don't know what your chances are in a crash.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    once you've driven a strada, you would wanna ride it the whole day
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Among these, Strada is the best. Great ride, good handling, no problems with the engine, some minor issues which are easily addressed. As long as it doesn't stall, I guess we're fine.

Navara is the most powerful though. It trumps both Strada 3.2 and Hilux 3.0 in raw power.

Hilux is popular being Toyota but a lot of people including some tsikoteers already experienced the dreaded choking and stalling problem so I'm not sure what we can call people who still buys the D-4D given its problems. hhehehehe.

As for safety, EuroNCAP rates '08 Strada with 4-stars, '08 Navara with 3-stars, Hilux wasn't tested by EuroNCAP so we don't know what your chances are in a crash.
    Nice inputs.. this will help in deciding what pick up I will get.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Once you see a Strada... especially the RED one, you'll drool to death 'till you have one. Hahaha!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sir Gerbo
    Affordability can be set aside basta sulit at happy ka sa ride
    Agree...then go for the Strada. Tingin ko rin kasi "compromise pickup" ang Strada hindi yon traditional or quintessential one. But it is best for its price.

Ganun ba meron din ganito sa 3.0L. I thought the D4D woes was strictly limited to the 2.5L displacement installed in the Innova and Fortuner G diesel.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Both are great trucks!

I own a 2007 Strada 3.2 4x4 A/T. I use it mainly for my transport to and from work here in MMla with occassional fun runs with the club and plans to use it for off-roading. I never regretted getting it for the purpose I intended to use it.

If your purpose of getting a truck is for business and the cargo bed size is important then go get the Toyota Hilux.

But if your use is for leisure and everyday transport of people, mag strada ka na. Like me, I'm sure you won't regret it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    Both are great trucks!

I own a 2007 Strada 3.2 4x4 A/T. I use it mainly for my transport to and from work here in MMla with occassional fun runs with the club and plans to use it for off-roading. I never regretted getting it for the purpose I intended to use it.

If your purpose of getting a truck is for business and the cargo bed size is important then go get the Toyota Hilux.

But if your use is for leisure and everyday transport of people, mag strada ka na. Like me, I'm sure you won't regret it.

Sir ooba99
    ok ba ang hatak ng matic compared sa manual na strada?
    Actually it's for business ang use ko to get a pick up.. though hindi naman hardcore.. am thinking of taking scuba lessons and use the truck for leisure use.
    thanks for the inputs

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho941 View Post
    Sir ooba99
    ok ba ang hatak ng matic compared sa manual na strada?
    Sorry jericho941 but I have not tried driving a 3.2 m/t so I cannot give you a comparo. But as far as torque is concerned, my a/t truck has more than what I need. I have tested this in our club's very recent activity. You may want to check out this link: Aftermath: November Baguio Fun Run/4x4 Basic Intro EB .

More than my convincing, I think you have to test drive it yourself to find out. I tell you, you will be surprised.

And more than anything, if you get a strada, there is a club that you can join, sa hilux, wala, hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by jericho941 View Post
    Actually it's for business ang use ko to get a pick up.. though hindi naman hardcore.. am thinking of taking scuba lessons and use the truck for leisure use.
    If eventually you decide to get a strada, join us in the club. You will meet members who regularly go scuba diving. Check this out: The Strada Club's Licensed Scuba Divers Tamang-tama yang plano mong yan, may makakasama ka na.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    Sorry jericho941 but I have not tried driving a 3.2 m/t so I cannot give you a comparo. But as far as torque is concerned, my a/t truck has more than what I need. I have tested this in our club's very recent activity. You may want to check out this link: Aftermath: November Baguio Fun Run/4x4 Basic Intro EB .

More than my convincing, I think you have to test drive it yourself to find out. I tell you, you will be surprised.

And more than anything, if you get a strada, there is a club that you can join, sa hilux, wala, hehehe.

If eventually you decide to get a strada, join us in the club. You will meet members who regularly go scuba diving. Check this out: The Strada Club's Licensed Scuba Divers Tamang-tama yang plano mong yan, may makakasama ka na.
    magstrada ka na sir... saktong-sakto sa lifestyle na gusto mo... the strada club has plans to conduct scuba lessons for its members with the help of a PADI instructor this summer... you can join us kung member ka na... hope to see you soon!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Toyota Hilux 4x4 AT vs Mitsubishi Strada 4x4 AT