New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Ball joints are a typical item. Spend extra for original (but still buy at MazFord instead of the casa) unless you want to keep buying every 50k kms. Even better, get the new balljoints injected at Cruven.

OT: you can have a bnew ball joint injected by cruven?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I believe so. Injecting an old one won't do much but cost you money... you'll eventually have to replace the worn joint, anyway.

-

RE: Sportivo... secondhand, at a 400-500k price range, you will only get models with 150-200,000 kilometers on them. At this age, you will need to budget for radiator hose repair, fan clutch, actual clutch (if it hasn't been done), fuel pump calibration and new shocks / rear springs. Not all at once, though... probably safe to budget just 20k in emergency funding for repairs over the first year.

Buy within the 700-800k price range... relatively new with no problems.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Sabi ko nga, eh.

Ball joints are a typical item. Spend extra for original (but still buy at MazFord instead of the casa) unless you want to keep buying every 50k kms. Even better, get the new balljoints injected at Cruven.
    Where can i get the new balljoints??
    Keep it first. Save up for something in fresher condition.

If you want the extra "porma" of an SUV, then go ahead, but best research typical maintenance costs first for what you pick, and be aware that you'll have to budget an extra 50k in contingency money (interesting side note... replacement shocks for Pajero Fieldmaster? 8.5k each) for possible problems on the vehicle you will buy, so it pays to inspect carefully and haggle down the price for repairs that will be needed.
    Im not considering thr field master anymore...
    Baka ill just keep my ride but im really confused upto now hahahaahaha

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Keep it. There are better SUVs in the future.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zachyboy View Post
    Hehe. Siguro you can keep it for a few more years until the resale values of some nice cars out there go down. In the meantime, if you have cash to spare eh di modify mo na yang Escape mo!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehehe... it was simply in connection to the post I made a long while back... I remembered something about an uncle's FM, and I wanted to share it, but I had to ask what they spent.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hi sir. I just finished reading the whole thread and this maybe the best decision for the moment. Keep your car first and save pakonti konti pa. You have to know you priorities in buying a car whether it be new or 2nd hand. Separate the needs from the wants. Its a balancing act altogether. As they say, you can't have it all in just one car....i mean looks, power, fc, low maintenance, space etc. There will be trade-offs. If there was a vehicle that had all of those, then literally our streets will be filled by it.

Thats why i like reading threads like these, they all teach us to shop smart.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by allenjo View Post
    Hi sir. I just finished reading the whole thread and this maybe the best decision for the moment. Keep your car first and save pakonti konti pa. You have to know you priorities in buying a car whether it be new or 2nd hand. Separate the needs from the wants. Its a balancing act altogether. As they say, you can't have it all in just one car....i mean looks, power, fc, low maintenance, space etc. There will be trade-offs. If there was a vehicle that had all of those, then literally our streets will be filled by it.

Thats why i like reading threads like these, they all teach us to shop smart.
    i guess that would be the best thing to do as of the moment, ipon ipon muna then paayos ng konti yung si escape then if budget is enough then tha would be the time to buy a new one...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    These are my two choices, too. If I'm buying 2nd hand, what year/model of either vehicles are good to purchase within the threadstarter's price range. Also, please include the FC. TIA.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I own a 2006 Fortuner 2.7 and I don't understand how some people (who don't even own one) are saying that it cost so much more in terms of parts and maintenance (than a Ford Escape). I haven't replaced any part and the only yearly maintenance expense I have is Oil filter, drain plug washer, and 6 liters of oil.

Yes. It has a higher petrol consumption rate. But realistically, a heavy engine + big engine ? But its still better than our 2005 CRV K20 A/T.

Lets just say how it really is and not distort or exaggerate things. Just like the whole "sobrang tagtag" urban legend episodes. Yes, the springs are firm (but you wouldn't want your vehicle to bottom out when tackling off-roads, right?). I have owned and rode on other vehicles with much worse "tagtag". ie. L300 Versa Van.

We own both Fortuner and Innova. I'd get the Innova if you want to use the last row for passengers. Innova also has a lower floor yielding more hip and legroom, which translates to roomier and more comfortable ride for second row passengers. Get the Fortuner, for the ground clearance and better driving position (IMO). The Innova feels like a vehicle that has lowering springs in the front, while its back end hangs higher, yielding to an odd driving experience.
    In terms of gas consumption, how much is the diffence between the innova and fortuner? Is it significantly higher?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
toyota fortuner vs innova vs pajero fieldmaster