New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    get the Fortuner. sayang 900k mo for a 2nd hand car.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    get the Fortuner. sayang 900k mo for a 2nd hand car.
    Thanks for all the listings guys. Actually my friend agreed to sell it for P850K. Maybe not bad for a 250X 4WD. He is a good friend of mine and I trust him when he says its in great condition. Actually barkada ko sya so in terms of car condition, the car is in perfect condition. Right now Ive been thinking that the Fortuner has increased its price to 1.3-1.6 million without the insurance pa so I think im gearing a bit towards the xtrail now. Na test drive ko sya and I like the acceleration and the suspension. Im really happy with the aircon. I didnt see any problem with it not having a rear ventilation. I havent test driven a Fortuner yet. I just saw the interiors of it at a car wash and I didnt find the interiors very appealing. Although, Im sure the ride should be great too. Your right, its hard to compare both because they belong to slightly different categories. But in terms of what car offers you more features, I guess the Xtrail beats the Fortuner. Gwapo lang talaga Fortuner sa looks nya and size.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll get the X-Trail.

Get the Fortuner if you need to sit regularly 7 people or if you do some off-roading.

Other than that, the X-Trail is more suited for urbanites. Strong 180hp engine, rear disc brakes, compact profile, and has a better ride & handling.

Plus, 850K versus 1.3M-1.6M is just a no brainer. At least you didn't absorb the initial depreciation of brand new vehicles plus the in-house financing schemes offered for the Fortuner is a big turn-off.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ja24fps
    Thanks for all the listings guys. Actually my friend agreed to sell it for P850K. Maybe not bad for a 250X 4WD. He is a good friend of mine and I trust him when he says its in great condition. Actually barkada ko sya so in terms of car condition, the car is in perfect condition. Right now Ive been thinking that the Fortuner has increased its price to 1.3-1.6 million without the insurance pa so I think im gearing a bit towards the xtrail now. Na test drive ko sya and I like the acceleration and the suspension. Im really happy with the aircon. I didnt see any problem with it not having a rear ventilation. I havent test driven a Fortuner yet. I just saw the interiors of it at a car wash and I didnt find the interiors very appealing. Although, Im sure the ride should be great too. Your right, its hard to compare both because they belong to slightly different categories. But in terms of what car offers you more features, I guess the Xtrail beats the Fortuner. Gwapo lang talaga Fortuner sa looks nya and size.
    since kabarkada mo naman pala ok na nga yan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you really trust your friend, then get the xtrail. for me, it is one of the best mini suvs around. mas comfortable pa yan sa fortuner, medyo bouncy ang fortuner.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    X-TRAIL over Fortuner..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Para sakin .. Dun ka na sa X-trail. Considering na halos half the price of the Brand new fortuner yung x-trail ...saka ang ganda din talaga ng x-trail.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Laki nga ng price difference. Sa Xtrail na ako.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ako rin x-trail

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    xtrail owner here...

maybe im bias pero xtrail din vote ko... better handling & suspension, more car like feel, all disc brakes, 180+ horses, 4X4 at a touch of a button... all these at a fraction of the price;850K/1.6M. downside 2nd hand nga lang pero if its from someone you trust ok na din... not to mention the waiting you'll have to go through for the fortuner. :D goodluck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Toyota Fortuner or Nissan Xtrail