New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    tignan nyo na lang yun upcoming Mitsubishi outlander

pag nakita nyo yun ibig sabihin umay ang mga sususnod na Mitsu models. pare-pareho, unlike fort wala kamuka

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    If only someone had already came up with a solution to the monty's rear end, it'd probably sell more.

Someone already has done that ... Shark has tail light covers ... tail light covers are easier and cheaper than suspension upgrades ... although the Montero Sport's tight front interior doesn't have a remedy ...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    If only someone had already came up with a solution to the monty's rear end, it'd probably sell more. On the other hand, fort owners seem to be content swapping suspension parts to popular aftermarket ones.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk
    So meaning even the new one drives bad?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rrdanas View Post
    So meaning even the new one drives bad?
    Yes.
    So you should really test drive it first.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Adding a rear spoiler to the GLS or GLS Premium actually makes the rear looks better as compared to the one without. Although the front of the Montero looks better in my opinion. Ride quality, it is almost comparable with a SEDAN, comparing to my previous altis, but handles way better. Interiors, very comfy including the 3rd row seats even for adults of about 5'7" height. Power is more than enough for my needs whether it be city or out of town trips. Fuel consumption compared to my 2.2 Ranger, I would say it consumes more in city driving especially during short trips. Price wise, a 150k peso +- difference after discounts between the gls premium and the 2.4v of the fortuner is I think a no brainer for me unless you're overflowing with cash.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Montero rear looks good with rear spoiler. But depends on your taste. I think the Fortuner's back is ugly as well without spoiler.

Cons:
    Fortuner - Less features for its SRP (almost bare)
    Montero - Smallest space among PPVs

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Thank you for your suggestions guys, will test driving the montero tomorrow.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Thank you for your suggestions guys, will test driving the montero tomorrow.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Montero with the rear spoiler and opaque tail lamp cover is actually much easier on the eyes compared to the stock GLS with the teardrop tail lamps and no spoiler.

I noticed though that people are hating so much on the Fortuner's ride. I drove the new one back to back with the latest facelift of the old one. Their ride is pretty similar. Pretty close to the current Everest too. The MUX rides softer (with much more noticable nose dive). The Montero has the most balanced ride.

However, the difference between the Montero vs Fortuner (best vs worst in class) is still much much smaller than the difference between any PPV and any CUV. All CUVs handle better through corners with less jittery rides on paved roads.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ So the new PPVs are still not up to par with CUVs when it comes to ride comfort and handling?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast