New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Fortuner for me. The style of the fortuner will age well than the montero imho

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    *rrdanas - since you already have an Everest, why the need for another 7-seater PPV? At the price of the Fort 2.4V or MS Premium 4x2 (1.7M), you have a lot of options for a more decent daily car. You can be practical with a compact car (Civic, Focus, Mazda3, Jetta, Altis) and keep all the change. You can go all comfort with power with a midsize car (Accord, Mazda6, Camry). If you want a ride with better ground clearance, you can opt for a CUV (Forester, CX5, CRV, RAV4, Tucson, Sportage). Diesel options are also available for some manufacturers (VW, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia).
    Hello egan thank you for your input. Well the short answer is im looking for a car thats chassis based. It will be used as a daily driver here in baguio and im not talking about the baguio city that most low lander have in mind. Im not saying session road or john hay type of roads. the interior roads are just too bad non-engineered slopes, uneven road crowning etc, hence i dont need a low riding vehicle or a vehicle that has a monocoque frame.

BTW we also have a Hyundai Tucson GLS premium diesel 4x4 thats equipped with an ADS, not really comfortable when using it as a daily driver. And another thing, with most of the brands that uve mentioned above, maintenance would be a chore since i have to bring the vehicle down to manila for PMS.

In baguio we only have the following dealers with service: Ford, Toyota, Mitsu and honda - kia too but its not a full fledged service center. just for change oil and minor maintenance.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    *rrdanas - since you already have an Everest, why the need for another 7-seater PPV? At the price of the Fort 2.4V or MS Premium 4x2 (1.7M), you have a lot of options for a more decent daily car. You can be practical with a compact car (Civic, Focus, Mazda3, Jetta, Altis) and keep all the change. You can go all comfort with power with a midsize car (Accord, Mazda6, Camry). If you want a ride with better ground clearance, you can opt for a CUV (Forester, CX5, CRV, RAV4, Tucson, Sportage). Diesel options are also available for some manufacturers (VW, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia).
    and isuzu too, but the said brand is a no-no for me. :0

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rrdanas View Post
    Hello egan thank you for your input. Well the short answer is im looking for a car thats chassis based. It will be used as a daily driver here in baguio and im not talking about the baguio city that most low lander have in mind. Im not saying session road or john hay type of roads. the interior roads are just too bad non-engineered slopes, uneven road crowning etc, hence i dont need a low riding vehicle or a vehicle that has a monocoque frame.

BTW we also have a Hyundai Tucson GLS premium diesel 4x4 thats equipped with an ADS, not really comfortable when using it as a daily driver. And another thing, with most of the brands that uve mentioned above, maintenance would be a chore since i have to bring the vehicle down to manila for PMS.

In baguio we only have the following dealers with service: Ford, Toyota, Mitsu and honda - kia too but its not a full fledged service center. just for change oil and minor maintenance.
    If you're traversing the interior roads, the Montero dimensions may make it easier to maneuver.

But as said, test drive and decide. Both are good. In my case though i prefer Toyotas as our long term ownership experience with them is generally better than with our Mitsus before, and i always liked the fit and finish of the Toyotas better.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    In my opinion, no amount of looks can offset the very poor ride quality (tagtag) of Fortuner.
    It's like wearing skinny jeans. You may look good but deep inside, your legs and balls are dying.
    ....though you can, of course, change the suspension.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The BK pajero might be a good choice but like the rear drum brake of the fortuner the interior of the pajero is more than adequate but in terms of design it is already a generation behind the new fort and monty.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    In my opinion, no amount of looks can offset the very poor ride quality (tagtag) of Fortuner.
    It's like wearing skinny jeans. You may look good but deep inside, your legs and balls are dying.
    I don't know how "very poor ride quality" of the new fortuner but its suspension has very noticeable improvement than the previous gen.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    Balls dying lol. 😂 Thing is, I don't think skinny jeans look good on any guy at all. But they are better than full diaper pants:

Looks are so subjective. I like conservative designs so i like the Everest among all the PPVs. If only the Montero didn't have those tail lights I'd probably like the way it looks as much as the Fort.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    If only someone had already came up with a solution to the monty's rear end, it'd probably sell more. On the other hand, fort owners seem to be content swapping suspension parts to popular aftermarket ones.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Meron na Montero tail light cover/concealer. Looks perfect with the cover plus rear spoiler. Umiwas muna ako ngayon sa Toyota. Overpriced na cya versus other brands esp the suv,van and pickup line. Nasisira din naman based on experience

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast