New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi guys, im having this itch on getting another car.
    Hence the title of this thread. I am choosing between the two vehicles only since I already have a 3.2 4x4 Titanium Everest and I am really happy with it.
    Now i am in need of a cheaper car as a replacement of my daily car (94 toyota tamaraw fx gl 2c).

I am indecisive of the two since both have pros and cons.
    pros
    fortuner - better looks
    montero - reading good reviews on what a joy it is to drive.

cons
    Fortuner - rear drum break
    montero - ugly back, "bare" engine layout

Hope that you guys can share me your personal inputs about the 2 choices.

cheers!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    additional input:
    I live in Baguio btw.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rrdanas View Post
    Hence the title of this thread. I am choosing between the two vehicles only since I already have a 3.2 4x4 Titanium Everest and I am really happy with it.
    Now i am in need of a cheaper car as a replacement of my daily car (94 toyota tamaraw fx gl 2c).

pros
    fortuner - better looks

cons

cheers!
    TopGear Phils picks the Montero as the overall winner in the SUV battle. I personally can't comment on either one of them as I don't own or even test driven any of the two. Maybe its because my financials don't (yet) allow me to :P. I say you test drive it yourself and see which one gives a great smile on your face!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009

pros
    fortuner - better looks

cons

cheers!
    Montero... Sobrang swabe and loaded compared sa fortuner but still toyota is toyota.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    If ako sir piliin ko fortuner, hehe kasi my montero nakami. Toyota Fortuner 2.4 4x2 V vs Mitsubishi Montero 2.4 GLS Premium 4x2 pandagdag lang sa option mo sir, ayaw mo ba idagdag ang pajero bk even 2nd hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    TopGear Phils picks the Montero as the overall winner in the SUV battle. I personally can't comment on either one of them as I don't own or even test driven any of the two. Maybe its because my financials don't (yet) allow me to :P. I say you test drive it yourself and see which one gives a great smile on your face!
    lol good one, on the basis that it feels good to drive right? hehe

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Fortuner, easily.

I can never be happy owning a car that has a rear that looks that ugly. At the end of the day it's about what makes you happy. No amount of specs or features can make up for that ugly rear.

If you can live with the rear styling of the Montero, then go for it. Good engine and competitive pricing and features.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Test drive muna lang. Sa test drive ako nag decide,maganda fortuner, design wise 10/10. Pero sa tagtag nya, sasakit talaga likod mo sa long drive. Pili kana after mung matest yang dalawa. Monty napili ko, comfort wise parang sedan,yun drive the best talaga.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016

pros
    fortuner - better looks

cons

cheers!
    If you don't mind me asking, may I know why you're not considering the Innova since you already have an SUV? Cabin space is considerably larger than your 2 choices, and price is cheaper too.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    May 2016

pros
    fortuner - better looks

cons

cheers!
    Innova 2.8 V is my bet since you already got an SUV. It's got the full 7 airbag treatment, and that interior is very nice to be in. Compared to the Fortuner and Montero, I find the Innova more spacious and comfortable, easier ingress and egress too. That punchy 2.8 engine with peak torque at just 1200rpm (!!!) imo better than the 2.4 of the Fortuner. Last I inquired, they offered at least 60K discount.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast