New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    hi,

i want to get your ideas and thoughts regarding these cars.

2004 Toyota RAV4
    2004 Honda CRV
    2004 Ford Escape
    2004 Mitsubishi Outlander
    2004 Mazda Tribute
    2004 Hyundae Tucson
    2004 Chevrolet Captiva

criterias:

performance
    - engine
    - fuel efficiency

interior
    - sound system
    - dashboard
    - space
    - looks / design

exterior
    - looks / design

parts
    - accessibility
    - affordability

safety

i'm planning to buy a used car preferably one of those mentioned above. i'd appreciate any comments.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I dont think you could buy a 2004 Tucson nor Captiva. Both were not yet sold at the time.

Among the others??...uhhmmmm if you could consider the Xtrail, i'd suggest that.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Go for 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander

Nice look
    FC is just the same as the others (I think)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Escape or RAV

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I dont think you could buy a 2004 Tucson nor Captiva. Both were not yet sold at the time.

Among the others??...uhhmmmm if you could consider the Xtrail, i'd suggest that.
    a friend of mine who drives an x-trail (2004 acquired) said that his x-trail gets an average fuel consumption of 6-8 km per liter. if this is true, i will spend a lot of money on fuel which i don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by ypyp08 View Post
    Go for 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander

Nice look
    FC is just the same as the others (I think)
    i like Outlander as well but so far i haven't seen any that has Manual Transmission. i'm guessing they might have not released that kind.

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Escape or RAV
    i was also told that escape, like the x-trail, has an average fuel consumption of 6-8 km per liter.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ Yes. I`ve used a family-friend member's 3.0 V6 2004 escape and i tell to you, it burned my money for it's gas....a lot. But it's fast, definitely fast.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    If you dont like something of that kind of fuel consumption, either get a RAV4 SV 1.8L Manual or stay away on that kind of cars. Compact utes aren't really thrifty when it comes to fuel consumption. Tucson or Captiva diesel may give you good FC, but isnt available in manual.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    i agree about the RAV4. i was told that 2004 RAV4 M/T 1.8L consumes fuel in an average of 10-12 km per liter which i think is better compared to my old car (nissan sentra series 3) which consumes around 8-10 km per liter.

on the other hand, i have read some posts saying that RAV4 M/T and CRV M/T have only slight differences on fuel consumption. is this true?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I accept with information: a friend of mine who drives an x-trail (2004 acquired) said that his x-trail gets an average fuel consumption of 6-8 km per liter. if this is true.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I'll vote for Toyota Rav4

and its Hyundai not Hyundae

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Toyota, Ford, Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Chevrolet, Hyundae