New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    what is the best car for you guys between this two rivals as a whole package! pick the best for you and explain why...thanks for ur time tsikoters...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    At this point...the one in a relatively mint condition is the BETTER car.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    ^ ^ +1.

Also, check your suking surplus shops for availability of spare parts. FWIK, because these 2 models had a great demand for parts in the past, parts are getting rare as days pass by. The AE101/EE100 Toyota Corolla was a popular choice for taxi operators and you still see some of them running the streets today (proof of their reliability), while the EG Honda Civic model was the top choice of tuners back in the day. Because of this, OEM and Japan surplus parts are already hard to find (except for body panels). There are still available parts out there but you will be very limited with the options in terms of conditions because these are already leftovers from years back.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Nagkakapos na ba ang parts ng AE101? Parang ang hirap paniwalaan... Are we getting that old? There were droves of these on the roads back in the day and there are still a respectable number of them still running now, many still in good condition.

Between the two, I'd get the AE101. The last AE101 rolled off the line in 1997, two years after the EG Civic was replaced by the EK, so you get newer choices. Also, due to Toyota having a very universal parts bin, many parts be it the electronic or mechanical were still in use in various other Toyota vehicles way after the AE101 was discontinued. Also, I find the AE101's look more timeless. If you were able to find those retrofitted multireflector headlamps, I actually find it to look more modern than the AE111. And then again, the EG Civic has rust issues, and I have yet to hear of such things with the AE101. Both cars can be easily modified should you opt to do so. But in stock form, the AE101 has the better engine, featuring DOHC 16V EFI technology (SOHC for the Civic) giving around 10hp more than the Civic's D15.

But in the end, you will have to look for the best conditioned unit that you can find. And since these are old cars, much caution should be exercised.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    The stock engine of the ESi is PH16 (SOHC 1600 cc) rated the same 110 hp as the 4A-FE.
    They are both 16V and fuel-injected.

D15Bs are JDM surplus engines.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ay ganon? I always thought the ESi was 1.5. Laging my kasamang 1.5 sa mga decals nila eh.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Yes sir, baka 1.5LX po yung nakikita niyo lagi.

Easiest exterior distinction from the 1.5LX is the ESi's power antenna in the quarter panel.

TS:
    Honestly, if you're not into modifications naman, the Corolla is always the best choice in terms of practicality.
    Maraming sakit ang Civic EGs, kahit pa po sabihin natin na madaling remedyohan ay gastos pa din ang katapat nun.

Gaya po ng sabi ni sir GTi, popular lang ang ESi sa mga tuners of that day dahil easily re-tunable ang ECU nito at madaming options para palakasin yung stock engine unlike that of the Corolla's.

For an everyday car, get the Corolla.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Uhuh~ And if he wanted a daredevil AE101, there are always the 4AGE engine swaps...:devil: Many of these are made for the Corolla too, so no problem with the mountings. 4AGE 20V Blacktop, anyone?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Syempre Toyota COROLLA na!! kailangan pa bang pag isipan yan??

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Ang dami ng thread na ganito sir, search na lang po natin dito.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
toyota corolla bigbody VS. honda civic esi