New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    86
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The City is one good car in terms of fuel efficiency. Our 2009 City 1.5E 5AT (previous generation) can do 10 km/L on city driving and 15km/L on the highway. The newer City already has CVT instead of the AT tranny but with the same 1.5L SOHC VTEC engine. It has garnered very good reviews. It is bigger than the other sub-compacts and offers interior/trunk space as compacts. The VX and VX+ models are priced quite high though but the E model is one good deal for 800k. Honda maintenance is not cheap though but most new cars nowadays ain't as cheap to maintain as pre-2005 cars.

    The Lancer EX 1.6L models also have good reviews on fuel efficiency and performance. It is the most affordable compact nowadays as the Altis, Civic, Focus, Elantra, and Mazda3 are priced above 900k.

    If you're into the driving experience plus solid performance for a budget less than 900k, go for the Fiesta Ecoboost. If you really want good fuel efficiency plus decent power, you can check out the Accent CRDi.
    I think I'm okay with City rather than Fiesta Ecoboost. Honestly I'm hands down with Fiesta, but it's badge is Ford. The maintenance will be much higher than Honda.

    For Accent, I'll pass this one. Unless someone here in my family can convince me getting Hyundai cars. I don't really know why but I'm not into Hyundai badge.

    Quote Originally Posted by fanboi View Post
    Avanza for size and ground clearance. Pero mas maganda interior ni ertiga. Based totl variant


    Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    And that's why I ditched the Avanza.

    Quote Originally Posted by zendong View Post
    Meron na ho magagaling na bodykit shop na kayang kayang magporma ng body kits kahit anung sskyan 20k din ang bayad so meaning magaling at polido..try nyo po search sa fb teddy bodykits nagchachampion na po sya sa mga car modification

    Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    'Yan ba 'yung sa may UST malapit? Okay 'yan kung ganon. Alam ko na puntahan.

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    158
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by rickymartin View Post
    I think I'm okay with City rather than Fiesta Ecoboost. Honestly I'm hands down with Fiesta, but it's badge is Ford. The maintenance will be much higher than Honda.

    For Accent, I'll pass this one. Unless someone here in my family can convince me getting Hyundai cars. I don't really know why but I'm not into Hyundai badge.



    And that's why I ditched the Avanza.



    'Yan ba 'yung sa may UST malapit? Okay 'yan kung ganon. Alam ko na puntahan.
    Opo sa me dimasalang at meron din sa 5th avenue search nyo na lang sa fb teddy bodykits

    Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    86
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by zendong View Post
    Opo sa me dimasalang at meron din sa 5th avenue search nyo na lang sa fb teddy bodykits

    Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Which ever I get, City or Ertiga diyan ko na lang dadalhin, unless na may makita ako dito sa cavite.

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,551
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by rickymartin View Post
    I think I'm okay with City rather than Fiesta Ecoboost. Honestly I'm hands down with Fiesta, but it's badge is Ford. The maintenance will be much higher than Honda.

    For Accent, I'll pass this one. Unless someone here in my family can convince me getting Hyundai cars. I don't really know why but I'm not into Hyundai badge.
    We have 3 Hondas (City, Jazz, Accord) and maintenance ain't cheap if you go to the Honda casa. Honda exclusive fluids (VTEC oil, ATF, PSF, CVTF) are not cheap and parts are a bit pricey. All cars are out of warranty already so we just maintain on our own (still using the same kind of required fluids but sourced somewhere else). You can check out the Ford thread for details on Ford PMS or go to FCP (FordClubPH) for actual experiences of Ford owners in maintaining their vehicles.

    My Fiesta Ecoboost has not reached 10k yet but based on the prices given to me by the Ford Libis, it's about the same if you just consider oils and filters.

    Hyundai and Kia are very much different from their 90's and early 2000's models. Hyundai/Kia CRDi engines offer decent performance and their new models have very radical styling/looks that some people rave about. It pays to have an open mind and an objective approach when assessing vehicles rather than be swooned by "sabi-sabi". Bad part though is that Hari Motors (Hyundai dealer) has a not-so-friendly maintenance policy.
    Last edited by Egan101; August 19th, 2014 at 11:11 AM.

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    86
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    We have 3 Hondas (City, Jazz, Accord) and maintenance ain't cheap if you go to the Honda casa. Honda exclusive fluids (VTEC oil, ATF, PSF, CVTF) are not cheap and parts are a bit pricey. All cars are out of warranty already so we just maintain on our own (still using the same kind of required fluids but sourced somewhere else). You can check out the Ford thread for details on Ford PMS or go to FCP (FordClubPH) for actual experiences of Ford owners in maintaining their vehicles.

    My Fiesta Ecoboost has not reached 10k yet but based on the prices given to me by the Ford Libis, it's about the same if you just consider oils and filters.

    Hyundai and Kia are very much different from their 90's and early 2000's models. Hyundai/Kia CRDi engines offer decent performance and their new models have very radical styling/looks that some people rave about. It pays to have an open mind and an objective approach when assessing vehicles rather than be swooned by "sabi-sabi". Bad part though is that Hari Motors (Hyundai dealer) has a not-so-friendly maintenance policy.
    Thanks for recommending FCP, PMS cost niya parang mga normal lang. 6k, 8k ect. Mas mahal ba ang honda kesa ford pagdating sa PMS?

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    181
    #16
    If you're looking at the City and Avanza, might as well take a look at the Ecosport since they're all in the same price range. New car, good looks, excellent ground clearance and flood fording capability. Beware of the DCT issues of Ford with their Focus and Fiesta, I've driven the Fiesta Titanium 1.5 Powershift many times and the jerky transmission issue is indeed true (in city driving), worrisome for long-term users since this may cause premature wear and tear. Go for the M/T if you can.

    The Innova though is your best bet, save up for a few more months and get the D4D model and you'll have no regrets with the power and fuel consumption. Just change the rims to 17s to make it look beefier.

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    86
    #17
    So hindi pa rin pala okay 'yung issue about sa transmission? I'm okay with Fiesta manual trans. If only my sister would get manual.

    Ayaw naman niya ng Innova. Although rims lang talaga ang papalitan sa Innova okay na 'yan. Sa City naman medyo alangan lang siya dahil CVT. Sa Ertiga body kits + rims okay na. Medyo maliit nga lang. Minsan napapaisip ako sa sis ko, aba'y lintek mag manual ka para hindi mo isipin 'yang mga issue sa transmission.

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    844
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by rickymartin View Post
    So hindi pa rin pala okay 'yung issue about sa transmission? I'm okay with Fiesta manual trans. If only my sister would get manual.

    Ayaw naman niya ng Innova. Although rims lang talaga ang papalitan sa Innova okay na 'yan. Sa City naman medyo alangan lang siya dahil CVT. Sa Ertiga body kits + rims okay na. Medyo maliit nga lang. Minsan napapaisip ako sa sis ko, aba'y lintek mag manual ka para hindi mo isipin 'yang mga issue sa transmission.
    Bro, no pun intended ha. Anong bodykits ba ang pede ilagay sa ertiga? Spoiler, side skirts, chin or body cladding? Maganda na sya for stock, IMHO.

    Why not get a jazz or any other hatch if plan to go that route? Get a good aftermarket rims. Forget about the bodykits. Kelangan mo ba ng 7 seats? I think medyo masakip na sa rear seats ng ertiga.

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,551
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by rickymartin View Post
    So hindi pa rin pala okay 'yung issue about sa transmission? I'm okay with Fiesta manual trans. If only my sister would get manual.

    Ayaw naman niya ng Innova. Although rims lang talaga ang papalitan sa Innova okay na 'yan. Sa City naman medyo alangan lang siya dahil CVT. Sa Ertiga body kits + rims okay na. Medyo maliit nga lang. Minsan napapaisip ako sa sis ko, aba'y lintek mag manual ka para hindi mo isipin 'yang mga issue sa transmission.
    Yung lumang City/Jazz (2003-2008), naka CVT naman yun pero madami pa rin gumagamit nun hanggang ngayon. Yung Mirage, naka CVT rin. Ito pa ibang CVT sa market - new City/Jazz, Lancer GT-A, Forester, Impreza, XV, Sylphy, Altis. Yung Ford naman, halos Powershift dual-clutch tranny gamit sa models nila except sa mga trucks.

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    86
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post
    Bro, no pun intended ha. Anong bodykits ba ang pede ilagay sa ertiga? Spoiler, side skirts, chin or body cladding? Maganda na sya for stock, IMHO.

    Why not get a jazz or any other hatch if plan to go that route? Get a good aftermarket rims. Forget about the bodykits. Kelangan mo ba ng 7 seats? I think medyo masakip na sa rear seats ng ertiga.
    Maganda naman 'yung stock, if Sporty variant. For me.

    Ganito sana ang concept na gusto ko.
    f2293-marutisuzukiertigamodifiedpuneantlerroad1.jpg

    Hindi naman need talaga ng 7 seats, nagustuhan ko lang gawing cargo 'yung rear seats.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Toyota Avanza 1.5G AT  vs Suzuki Ertiga 1.4L GLX AT