New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You may want to read this article (or from the looks of it... you have read it already - hehe):

bigbigcar.com Review: Toyota Avanza 1.5G

I have personally riden an Avanza in Malaysia before it was launched here in the Philippines - and they have very good roads there but the ride was just very jittery and the whole thing bounces up and down (I almost puked afterwards) even when just crossing over mundane things such as lane markings & bridge expansion ruts.

You might not notice this if you are the driver... the ride up front was sort of ok (like the Fortuner - haha) but still not as refined as the Innova. The ride from the backseats are a different story though.

And don't think I'm being pampered by my daily ride with its noisy & hard riding suspension.

BTW, the talk of having a "better fuel consumption in city driving" is moot since she lives in the vicinity of San Fernando, Pampanga.

Anyway... test drive both vehicles first to see if the Avanza already fits your needs.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; April 15th, 2008 at 09:28 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Still... if it's provincial, the fuel consumption should be electrifying... the Avanza can maintain 15 km/l or better cruising at 60-70 km/h on the highway.

I digress, though... when I drove the Avanza (that's my article mazdamazda is quoting), I found its ride harsh at stock tire pressures.

The test unit came on deflated tires, at just 26-28 psi, and the ride was bumpy but acceptable. I have the obligation to write my articles as accurately as possible, so I pumped the tires up to the recommended "unloaded" pressure on the door (was 30-32 psi, I think... not the "maximum" load pressure, which would have been suicidally hard)... where it became jittery. If you're willing to sacrifice some fuel consumption, deflating your tires a bit (to 28) will help.

Still, the Innova is a more stable vehicle, but if you're driving alone, the Avanza makes more sense. But then, do you really need seven seats? The Vios gets even better fuel consumption, and the 1.3 Vios isn't as bare as the 1.3 Avanza.

But it's all your choice. My suggestion is: go down to the dealer and test-drive the vehicles. Since you're considering a seven-seater, bring your family and see how they fit. The Innova is a better five seater, but the Avanza has more space in the third row, and if you find the power adequate, makes a better mini-school-bus than the Innova.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Innova na lang kunin mo,, tipid naman siya sa fuel consumption eh, twice a month nga lang ako kung mag full tank.. you mention naman may kasama kang kid and darating ang araw na lalaki yang mag yan at kasya pa rin sila sa innova.. consider also more cargo space in out of town trips...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian 13 View Post
    Innova na lang kunin mo,, tipid naman siya sa fuel consumption eh, twice a month nga lang ako kung mag full tank.. you mention naman may kasama kang kid and darating ang araw na lalaki yang mag yan at kasya pa rin sila sa innova.. consider also more cargo space in out of town trips...
    Kahit sinlaki pa ni Benjie Paras, kasya pa rin yung tatlong kids na yun sa 2nd row ng Avanza, no. Hehehe...

Yung twice a month mo na full tank, hindi mo sinabi kung ano ang daily travel schedule mo.... Ang ibig mo bang sabihin ay pareho kayo ni miss Maureen na 16km/day? Yikes!
    Last edited by woohoo; April 15th, 2008 at 10:38 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian 13 View Post
    Ano ang FC mo?

Ako, once a week kumakarga. More than 450 Km per tankfull.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    diesel yang kay sir kristian kaya malamang maganda ang FC ng innova nya, kung parehong gas (since gas ang avanza) yung sa akin 12 hiway, 10 city, 11++ mixed hiway... medjo talo pa din compared sa avanza since malaki naman talaga and pag mag isa ka most of the time mas ok yung 1+km/l na lamang ng avanza...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kumagbehota View Post
    diesel yang kay sir kristian kaya malamang maganda ang FC ng innova nya, kung parehong gas (since gas ang avanza) yung sa akin 12 hiway, 10 city, 11++ mixed hiway... medjo talo pa din compared sa avanza since malaki naman talaga and pag mag isa ka most of the time mas ok yung 1+km/l na lamang ng avanza...
    1+ km/l lang ang difference ng Avanza 1.5 at Innova 2.0 in terms of FC?

Mas malaki (more air drag) and mabigat ang Innova kaysa sa Avanza tapos mas malaki pa ang makina. 1+ km/liter lang ang FC difference. nagtataka lang. peace.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^base lang po kasi yun sa actual computation ko and dun sa nabanggit na city FC ng avaza which is 10-11 on pure city driving, kasi sa akin 9.5 to 10.5 ang pure city ko sa vvti innova ko, city for me kasi is taguig and makati route ko...

nagrere fill na ako ng gas pag more or less nasa 460km plus na ako sa trip meter which by that time malapit na magilaw yung low fuel gauge ko....

peace...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hirap talagang mag compare ng FC IMHO. kasi pag sinabing city driving, mayroon stip lights pero kung grid lock naman FC suffers a lot.

Sometimes I do not consider SLEX as hi way kasi kung minsan ay napakahabang parking lot . nangyari na sa akin minsan na naubos ang 1/4 tank ko from C5 to Alabang sa grabe ng traffic. about 10Km lang iyon.

Since Sept last year till now naka XLS ang gastos ko sa fuel. So far, I have consumed 1,195.02 liters of fuel, travelled 15,488 Km and the FC is 12.927.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    ay sinabi mo bossing, yung c5 din lugi ka pag naconsider mong hiway sya kung peak hours naman lalo na pag nadaan ka dun sa approaching ng kalayaan, wala ng pinagkaiba sa edsa, so sa akin ang iniisip ko na lang na hiway eh yung out of town na deretcho na talaga, except mo na siguro yung mga dadaan ng town plaza like yung sa pampanga kasi me mga palengke...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Toyota Avanza 1.5G or Toyota Innova 2 E (M/T)