New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kaya nga... it's "some". I've noticed it's mostly us older and heavier guys (arthritic kasi... :hysterical: ) that complain... but other than those gruelling three to four hour drives, it's not a problem. I did a two hour romp in Tagaytay with a 1.5 MT with no problems... man... I love that little car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    yikes, balak ko pa naman gamitin yung jazz paminsan minsan. im 6'0" pa naman baka tuhod ko nakatukod na hehehe. prefer ko kasi automatic so the wife can drive it.hindi siya marunong ng manual. bumpy ba talaga ride nya? friend ko na naka mazda3 ang sabi naman maporma yung mazda3 pero poor on performance, makupad ba talaga mazda3?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    so pag jazz pala dapat manual ang kunin ko? nakakatakot pala yung cvt hehehe. scratch off na yung jazz sa list ko kung ganun

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If the previous owner has replaced the ATF with CVTF as part of the recall, and as long as he hasn't raced the car, it should be okay.

You should try the Jazz first and see for yourself. There's lots of leg-room, it's just some people have problems with the position. And it's probably more spacious in terms of leg-room, overall, than the Corolla.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i'd go for the jazz. nothing beats it when it comes to city driving.

btw, we have a 1.3 idsi w/c just turned 3 yrs old last month. so far, except for a battery change, we've had no untoward incident w/ it. one thing that's a pet peeve for me though is the rubber "chin" like contraption underneath the front bumper. i'm thinking of just buying a new chin for it or maybe even a "sport" bumper. the problem is if i buy a chin, a siderskirt and a "rear" chin is sure to follow or else it wouldn't look complete. then of course you have got to paint it to match your body color...hay naku, ang gastos
    Last edited by baludoy; February 18th, 2008 at 10:55 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ^^ benta mo nalang sakin sir baludoy para mawala na problems mo, hehehe. seriously. right now kasi im at a loss kung anong sedan bibilhin para sa budget kong 400k. im looking at the lynx, vios, sentra, altis,jazz, haay dami choices. preferred ko kasi matic at medyo bagu bago pa like 2002 model up.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    friend ko na naka mazda3 ang sabi naman maporma yung mazda3 pero poor on performance, makupad ba talaga mazda3?
    Ah, the problems of mating a heavy body with a relatively weedy motor...

As the venerable Niky says, try a test drive to cement your opinions of the cars. All we're sharing is our personal experience.

Baludoy: Ang ganda naman ng problema mo. Hahahaha! I have the same issue with the stock rubber "chin" on the first-released Jazzes too. It's basically an overgrown weather strip as per Ferman Lao. Mine's gotten a little twisted out of shape but I don't really mind.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kailan ako naging venerable? Di pa ako patay, ah...

Whatever you do, don't get a Lynx! I hate it! Absolutely hate it! it's cost me tons of money at the mechanic!

Bili kasi ako ng bili ng mods... sports shocks, exhaust, intake, computer chip, dyno-tuning, mags, tires, more tires, better brakes, clutch, better clutch... more tires... hahahaha... ang sarap kasi! Ang bilis! Ang sarap i-modify! Ang MAHAL NG BAGONG TIRES!!! Hahahaha... :hysterical:

Seriously... over 80,000 kilometers on it in three years, and the only issues I have had are the suspension noise and the replaced ball joint in front due to hitting a pothole at high speed (super-deformed yung mags ko sa lakas ng impact... buti hindi ako na-flat!). Wonderful car.

Only issue is the Mitsubishi electronics (yes, the Lynx uses Mitsu parts, even though it's a Mazda). Older 1.6 owners have had to buy new cam position sensors and ignition coils... but these are wear items... ganyan din naman sa mga ibang Japanese cars kung sobrang init ang running condition (super traffic every day). I'm 3 years in, and I haven't had to replace any yet.
    Last edited by niky; February 20th, 2008 at 06:57 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hmmm... ok yung suggestions nyo on test drives pero its too hard to schedule test drives on second hand cars, both mentally and physically exhausting. based on your personal comments dun nalang ako mag narrow down on my vehicle choice, then test drives examples on that vehicle until i find the most acceptable. So far sa mga nababasa kong comments and reviews mga practical choices lang is mag 01-02 altis and 01-04 lynx ako. yung mga 04 jazz kakaunti ang nagbebenta and ang mahal pa. hindi ata nag dedepreciate ang jazz hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Baludoy: Ang ganda naman ng problema mo. Hahahaha! I have the same issue with the stock rubber "chin" on the first-released Jazzes too. It's basically an overgrown weather strip as per Ferman Lao. Mine's gotten a little twisted out of shape but I don't really mind.
    pangit nga na problema kasi walang budget na-isip ko lang iyon bro kasi ang dami nag bebenta ngayon ng jazz body kits na napag-sawaan na ng mga previous owners. pero dapt priority ko siguro talaga iyong ek muna namin sa pagpa-pogi. 1st love ko iyon eh :inlababu:
    Last edited by baludoy; February 20th, 2008 at 11:53 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Toyota Altis 1.8g, 1.6g or Honda Jazz??