New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    We personally own an Adventure. Gusto ko lang malaman mga fellow advie owners kung bakit adventure yun pinili nyo.

Why we chose the adventure:
    .the adventure has better performance and ride than the crosswind
    .the 4d56 is very reliable and the parts are very abundant
    .the innova is too van-like and a bit ugly for us
    .the d4d woes thread of the innova turned me off
    .the crosswind also has a very reliable engine but its just too lethargic
    .the crosswind has a harsh ride(ewan ko lang yung mga newer models)

Pero sa mga nababasa ko ngayon dito sa tsikot, gumanda na raw ang ride ng crosswind at nawala na raw ang d4d woes ng innova. para tuloy nafru-frustate ako sa adventure. mga tsikoteers, tama kaya napili namin? no biases please

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you are correct. the D4D woes of the Innova are now resolved. Medyo gumanda na din ang ride ng Crosswind, but it is still rough compared to the Adventure.

bakit ka naman na frustrate sa adventure mo?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    In my case, I chose the Adventure because:

- My in-laws own one, and I have seen how reliable it is.
    - One of their neighbors works for MMPC, and he helped us to acquire our present unit (which was originally bound for Cebu).

Hindi pa uso ang Innova noon when I made my selection (I still wouldn't choose it now), and mas mura pa rin pumapatak ang top-of-the-line Adventure Grand Sport compared to the Revo VX200. Yung driver na kakilala namin told us to avoid Isuzu naman, kasi may kakilala daw siya na nasiraan ng Isuzu engine, tapos lumalabas na yung repair cost was too steep, so they had to sell the engine na lang. Too bad, as I was also considering the Crosswind XTO at the time.

Isuzu engines use timing gears/chains so they're more durable, but they're not indestructible, and the rare instance that they do break will be more than just a hassle, lalo na kung sa liblib na lugar ka abutan -- at least Mitsubishi's timing belts have planned replacement intervals. Besides, timing belts operate more quietly and are still more mechanically efficient than chains or belts, because of their lighter weight; may added advantage pa ang 4D56 since it uses twin balance shafts. Mas tipid lang talaga sa krudo at malakas ang hatak ng Crosswind kasi direct injection siya. Compared naman sa D-4D, apparently mas tolerant ang 4D56 sa local fuel quality natin. I welcome common rail technology in diesels, but so far, I trust it more in other locally-available car brands i.e. Kia, Hyundai than Toyota.

But the 4D56's strongest point is still its reliability and parts availability, despite its age. Even the new Strada's 2.5L DI-D powerplant is based on the 4D56 platform, which says a lot about this legendary powerplant.

Pero baka mas mahirapan ako kung ngayon ako papipiliin between the Adventure, the Everest, the Carens, the Matrix CRDi and the Focus TDCi. Magkakaiba pa sila ng categories, ha?
    Last edited by Bogeyman; May 26th, 2008 at 04:03 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wala ako adventure pero eto pa din ang pipiliin ko kung ung low budget lang na auv. 773k kasi sya naka all power na. ung innova 800kplus tapos power steering lang at hubcap. crosswind ok sana kung ka presyo lang ng adventure.

pero kung ung mga auv na 1M plus sa innova nako.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Sir wag na kayo ma-frustrate, just enjoy your ride! Lahat naman ng rides may plus factor, and for me the adventure is a reliable, cheap to maintain, low priced people mover!

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    when I got my crosswind XUVI last 2003, the reasons running thru my head were

-engine and suspension durability
    -ride height (may phobia ko sa baha)
    -para maiba naman(that time kasi konti palang naka crosswind, ndi na pala ngayon)

First impressions at that time

-bad trip isuzu, i had one of those flexible pipe problems, 3 times i had to go back to the casa for replacement. Till I finally resolved it by replacing it with a bigger flexible pipe.
    -makupad
    -sobrang tipid sa krudo

Now after 5 years and 120,000km mileage

-No major repairs, baterya palang pinapalitan, one click parin sa umaga..
    -drives the same as brand new(except for a few rattling sounds inside the cabin which i think comes from the seats)

overall, It was worth it 5 years of service change oil lang every 5t km and replace battery, and still doin good..as for the ride, compared to my fieldmaster di naman masyado halata yung tagtag ng crosswind..sabi nga barkada ko mas matagtag pa daw yung bnew niya na Nissan patrol

Btw, my mom got an adventure last 2005, diesel variant..last year naputulan na sila leaf spring..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Makasabat na rin ha? I/ We chose the crosswind XTO m/t in ’01 first it was an all new release. Compared sa mga kasabayang adventure at revo—pinaka bago itsura niya kaya dun palang lamang na (till now same body pa rin) , taas ground clearance dahil 15” agad ang rim. Yung mga kasabayan late na nag 15”. 13 and 14” lang.

It was my first diesel fed ride, I already set my mind na talagang maingay at makupad ito but the fuel efficiency I gathered from highlander owners, some of them are usual uwian sa bicol, malakas sa akyatan because of it’s torque. These never allow me to look back at adventure and revos that time.

Mura parts. replacement oil, fuel and air filters with less than P200*. sa air filter lang ako OEM. With an OEM air filter, maximum ang power niya, 12-13 kms/li. Pag replacement, restricted / nasasakal siya kaya umuusok at bumababa FC – mga 11-12 kms/li.
    walang glowplugs kaya tipid sa battery, tipid sa engine oil dahil max of 41/2 liters lang.

So far radiator and power steering leaks pa lang naging problema, still with the stock excel battery after more than 7 years, still orig exhaust without the flex pipe – yun nga lang with less than 30K – maniwala kayo or not – ayaw ko kasi pag-gagamitin baka maluma eh.

Mausok yes, pero pagdating sa emission test. 0.48 ang rating nito no?

Tsaka napapanahon ang tipid sa diesel nito dahil malapit nang mag singkwenta pesos ang diesel….

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    bakit ka naman na frustrate sa adventure mo?

Parang ako lang po kasi yung nag pra-praise sa advie sa mga nababasa ko dito sa tsikot eh. . . . . para tuloy mali ung pili namin. . . . . pero ngayon, ok na dahil sa mga sinabi nyo except dun sa naputol na leaf spring.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I love my Adventure. 10years old na. Pino pa din umandar. We took it over Revo back in 04 2ndhand, which we think is too expensive but delivers more or less same experience as our Adventure. So why pay more? We love the airy cabin and spacious and tall back seat (behind the front passengers), we felt that the 2nd row of the Revo is too squishy and our butts sunked too deep in it and the smaller windows dont help. Sure, the rear most seating isn't as big as the Crosswind and Revo but we are a family of 6. 4 persons usually cram behind the two front passengers and we most of the time aint seated at the backmost.

Crosswind? Too expensive at that time as well as we have this notion that Isuzu is the Honda of diesel fed automobiles (a.k.a expensive maintenance).

I/we have no regrets.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Very very proud na ko ngayon sa adventure namin after I read your posts.
    Ang ayaw ko lang sa adventure namin ay yung power windows na nagrarattle dahil may loose daw na gear sabi sa MAC, yung head rest na may alog at yung 3rd row seat na imiingit kapag kumakaldag kahit konting konti lang. Ano kaya pwede gawin don?

Eto pa nga pala dalawang resons kung bakit adventure:
    -yung claim ni Dieseler na 170 kph sa advie niya,ewan ko lang kung 22o yon(btw, buhay pa kaya si Dieseler parang wala na kong nakikitang post niya)
    -nanalo ang advie ng dalawang taon(?) sa car of the year awards nakalimutan ko lang kung anong taon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
To those who chose Adventure over Crosswind and Innova, what are your reasons?