New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    WHICH IS VERY GOOD TO CHOOSE...TOYOTA XL5 OR LANCER SINGKIT? ANO BA TALAGA PO ANG MATIBAY SA DALAWA? MA LUMA DAW ANG XL5 PERO KONTI LANG AT MAS MATIBAY AT MARAMI AVAILABLE AT MURA ANG PARTS..GAUNU DIN DAW LANCER....ANG GULOOOOO...ANO BA TALAGA...???WLA BANG MAS MAGANDA ANG EXPLANATION? WHICH IS THE BETTTTEEEERRR CHOICE?????

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Step away from the computer.

Take a deep breath.

Now, calm down and turn off caps lock. Many members here don't like it when you "shout" (CAPS LOCK IS TAKEN AS SHOUTING BY SOME...).

Now... the better choice is whichever car is in better condition, regardless of the brand. At the age that these two cars are in, you can expect to spend a lot of money on repairs. So take your time and check out each car carefully.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama si niky,

Kung brand new vs. brand new, madaming explanations.

Pero at that age, yung condition na ng sasakyan mismo ang important. Never mind kung Toyota o Mitsu iyan. Lahat iyan dumaan na sa neighborhood mekaniko mo at punong-puno na ng replacement parts. hehehe.

Just make sure the former owner took well enough care of the unit.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pardon me, what year model are we talking about here? I'm not familiar with 'singkit' and 'XL5' hehehe.

I'm guessing singkit is the Lancer before the pizza-pie generation? And XL5 is the big body Corolla? Tama ba?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    XL5 is around 1990 model, XL 1.3 na 5 speed.

yung singkit mga 1993 and up

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Di ka naman galit nyan ha.

Bossing, search mo na lang sangkatutak ang threads about Corollas and Lancers of many years. But if you are talking about the XL5 of the 89-92 era, masyadong luma na yan that the condition of the car is your best gauge of whether to buy it or not. Tama sila.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by raikkah View Post
    XL5 is around 1990 model, XL 1.3 na 5 speed.

yung singkit mga 1993 and up
    correction lang po.. yung singkit is the pre-1993 version kasabayan ng toyota ae92. as in yung mukhang singkit yung headlights, parang naka-tukod ang body.

yung 1993-1996 is the itlog version, kasi bilugin (parang itlog) ang body.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by NazQ View Post
    correction lang po.. yung singkit is the pre-1993 version kasabayan ng toyota ae92. as in yung mukhang singkit yung headlights, parang naka-tukod ang body.

yung 1993-1996 is the itlog version, kasi bilugin (parang itlog) ang body.
    the singkit started 1989. yes. kasabayan yan ng corolla xl4. natapos ang singkit ng 1993 and was replaced by the itlog. that time, corolla introduced the big body corolla.

i had a model 1991 singkit before. GLX model. considered as top of the line then with basic power features. tapos 1992 lumabas yung lancer singkit na GTi, injected fuel with body kits. that time, naglabas din ang corolla ng SE edition.

Tell Me The Truth Of Corolla & Lancer