New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Ang Nissan Teana ay comfortable syang car kahit medyo mahina ang hatak due to CVT.

Nasa 2.048 Million Pesos na ang Teana 350XV pero may 8 inch colored monitor na sya sa center instrument panel.
    Not really. On the bigger engine, yes, there's a slight delay before the power comes in, for smoothness, but on the smaller engined variant, the CVT provides much quicker acceleration than traditional 5AT and 6AT competitors, even those which are lighter (Sonata, Mazda6).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Nissan Teana looks good but if I were willing to buy a car from the same class I would also consider the Subaru Legacy. I always liked its AWD and the boxer engines...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    The sonata would be best in value considering its cheaper but more refined than most counterparts. but the H badge doesn't quite catch my taste.... so i would suggest camry.

the accord is also nice but would prefer camry.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    When I went to Taiwan in 2006, I was mostly driven around in a Teana. It was big. It had lots of toys inside. The rear passenger legroom was really good for me (I stand 5'6"/5'7"). The seats were cushy. The ride was very smooth. And it was fast. My driver was zipping me around at 200+ kph, especially on their expressways. From a ride and comfort perspective (as a passenger sitting in the rear), I prefer it over the Camry. Unfortunately, I never got to drive it *lol*

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sa tatlong pagpipilian accord pero kung kasama sonata, sonata na.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    When I went to Taiwan in 2006, I was mostly driven around in a Teana. It was big. It had lots of toys inside. The rear passenger legroom was really good for me (I stand 5'6"/5'7"). The seats were cushy. The ride was very smooth. And it was fast. My driver was zipping me around at 200+ kph, especially on their expressways. From a ride and comfort perspective (as a passenger sitting in the rear), I prefer it over the Camry. Unfortunately, I never got to drive it *lol*
    200+km/h on their expressways? May radar detector ka ba noon? Ang laki ng babayaran ng driver mo na overspeeding fees bro... Walang humabol at sumita sayo pero may malaking bill na darating sa bahay ng driver mo. :rofl:

Anyway, if it was me, I'd import a Sonata Turbo. No problem with parts here, and many grey market dealers have their casas and also comparable warranties.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    200+km/h on their expressways? May radar detector ka ba noon? Ang laki ng babayaran ng driver mo na overspeeding fees bro... Walang humabol at sumita sayo pero may malaking bill na darating sa bahay ng driver mo. :rofl:
    We were never stopped during my stay. I was there on a six-day business trip and the owner of the company who hosted me assigned me the driver and car. I really have no idea what the speed limits there are. I was shuttled back and forth between Taipei and Taoyuan. I did get to ride in the owner's Infinity when we went out to have some "fun" during my third night there... including buying that little fruit in a matchbox-like contraption sold by a topless girl in a glass-enclosed mini-mart. Whatever that was *lol*

BTT
    One thing I noticed is that Nissan seems to have a good presence there. I saw a lot of Teanas in the airport.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    We were never stopped during my stay. I was there on a six-day business trip and the owner of the company who hosted me assigned me the driver and car. I really have no idea what the speed limits there are. I was shuttled back and forth between Taipei and Taoyuan.
    Wow~ ang ganda ng service ah! High ranking executive pala! The speed limit there ranges from 100-120km/h depending on the road and cameras and radars are everywhere. You must've been in a hurry to get to your destination for them to do that. I have some relatives living in Taiwan, and they told me that they wouldn't spend the effort in chasing you down or flagging you anywhere (have you noticed that there are no tollgates to be seen anywhere?). The speed limit violation ticket will be mailed directly to your residence including an image of your car in the act of speeding and you can pay for it just like the way you pay for your bills, even in 7-11 outlets! They only give chase in very extreme cases and there are standard issue BMW 5 Series highway patrol cruisers, and I was told, even a very few Lambo's for that purpose.

Which variant of the Teana did you get to ride in, by the way?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Wow~ ang ganda ng service ah! High ranking executive pala! The speed limit there ranges from 100-120km/h depending on the road and cameras and radars are everywhere. You must've been in a hurry to get to your destination for them to do that. I have some relatives living in Taiwan, and they told me that they wouldn't spend the effort in chasing you down or flagging you anywhere (have you noticed that there are no tollgates to be seen anywhere?). The speed limit violation ticket will be mailed directly to your residence including an image of your car in the act of speeding and you can pay for it just like the way you pay for your bills, even in 7-11 outlets! They only give chase in very extreme cases and there are standard issue BMW 5 Series highway patrol cruisers, and I was told, even a very few Lambo's for that purpose.

Which variant of the Teana did you get to ride in, by the way?
    I think it was a 230J or something like that. Can't really remember now.

And no... I'm not a high-ranking executive. I was WITH a high ranking Chinese guy. I'm just a lowly techie, hehe! It was really strange as I was the only Filipino in all my meetings, and only two of them (including the guy I was with) spoke English (barely at that) apart from me. So everything I had to say had to be translated.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I think it was a 230J or something like that. Can't really remember now.

And no... I'm not a high-ranking executive. I was WITH a high ranking Chinese guy. I'm just a lowly techie, hehe! It was really strange as I was the only Filipino in all my meetings, and only two of them (including the guy I was with) spoke English (barely at that) apart from me. So everything I had to say had to be translated.
    But still... If you are good enough to be sent to a meeting abroad with a high ranking Chinese executive then your position isn't lowly at all! I can relate also with your situation there, but from a different point of view. I am the one doing the translating when there is a non-Chinese speaker who talks with my Taiwanese relatives! :rofl:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
teana vs accord vs camry