New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    mga sir, hingi lang po sana ako ng comments, we're planning to buy a cheap auv, para lang may malaking sasakyan sa haus kse puro kotse ang gamit namin; what do you recommend Tamaraw FX 1st gen, gas 1.8 or Isuzu Higlander SL diesel 2.5?

paki-lagay nrin po kung bakit? regarding po sa fuel consumption, kung anong mas magandang ride (nasanay kse sa sentra eh!), anong mas madalang i-maintain, at kung anu-ano pang maisip nyo

thank you po

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Sir, Medyo mahirap yung comparison kung pagbabatayan eh gas vs diesel...
    ---kung fuel economy ang pag uusapan highlander ako..
    ---kung maintenance naman mas mura at madali maintain ang gasoline engine ksa sa diesel.

Pero based sa thread mo hanap mo cheap AUV mukhang mahal pa yung highlander vs sa Fx.

OT: ayaw mo adventure? hehehe

IMHO

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    --edit double post soweee.
    Last edited by arvic; June 1st, 2006 at 01:30 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go with the Hi-Lander. Among AUVs, I find the Hi-Lander's ride to be the best. Has a good solid feel even if you are riding at the back.

In contrast, the FX's ride is archaic.

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    Highlander. See to it na good condition pa ang engine or else sakit na sa ulo yun. FX is a bit old(est hehehe.) and its AC performance is very bad.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Between the two: Highlander, hands-down. The diesel version of the Tamaraw FX (old version) is kind of pathetic. The A/C is also so-so. The Highlander offers better fuel economy, better ride, better comfort. If you're keen on a Toyota AUV, I'd recommend that you set your sights on a Revo.

A Mitsu Adventure is also a good option, although I find it's confines a bit crampy.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah... memories of driving a Highlander... it sucks. :lol:

But hey, compared to what else is available in that price bracket and age range, it's okay. And it has good fuel consumption, too. My dad still has one, and it doesnt' give him any problem at all.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    In terms of fuel economy, I'd go with Isuzu. BUT, be extra careful when you check everything, especially the engine and exhaust. Not a few people around here have complained about the build quality of Isuzu, and especially the after-sales service.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    highlander for for it's fuel efficiency. revo 1.8 efi is a gas guzzler what more yung 1.8 carb ng FX.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    highlander din boto ko..fuel efficiency and durability.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Tamaraw FX or Isuzu Highlander