New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks. Will try to visit Mazda Showroom tom and possibly test drive Mazda 2..

Regards,
    charles

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks. Will try to visit Mazda Showroom tom and possibly test drive Mazda 2..

Regards,
    charles

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ano balita sa Ford Fiesta? kailan ito? and possible SRP??

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    but if your wife wants to drive a M/T car, obviously, Suzuki Swift is the default winner. wala pa yatang M/T variant ang Mazda 2.

anyway, Suzuki Shaw maraming masamang balita sa service nila pero.. andito naman ang Suzuki Caloocan at Suzuki E. Rodriguez in which may magandang reputation sa service kahit papano.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Fiesta may be coming in later this year.

The Mazda2 is more refined than the Swift. Better build quality, better steering, etcetera. The Swift may be a little more nimble (I haven't driven the two back to back... it's been years since I drove a Swift), but the Mazda2's handling is much, much sharper.

In terms of space, the Mazda2 has more of it. The current class goes Swift < Mazda2 < Yaris < Jazz. The Mazda2 isn't as wide as the Yaris or Jazz, but you can actually use the back seat... and the trunk space is pretty good (better than the Yaris, IMHO... passengers sit further away from the rear glass).

No MT, but the 4-speed AT is very responsive, and in-town and highway performance is very good. 4th gear gives 2800 rpm at 100 km/h.... kind of short, but you can eke out good economy if you don't wring it out. We haven't done a definitive economy test, because our tester only had 1000 kms on the clock, but it is very similar to the two Jazz testers we had. Averaged just 2 km/l less than the Jazz 1.3 AT we had... and we didn't drive the Jazz at over 160 km/h on the highway or jackrabbit it all around town...

Shockingly, I like the Mazda2 better than the Mazda3. It's small, but it's just about perfect if you don't have a big family.

Word from UK testers is that the Fiesta is even better. Knowing Ford, they might even release a Fiesta 1.5 in manual.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    Hi,

As my friend Mazda S/A, only the Mazda 2 sedan M/T but no M/T yet for hatch.

Charles
    Damn, that stinks. Oh well.

Is the 2 sedan fine for your purposes or do you absolutely have to have a hatch? I don't have much of an idea about the sedan yet vs. the hatch, or how big its trunk is.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Shockingly, I like the Mazda2 better than the Mazda3. It's small, but it's just about perfect if you don't have a big family.
    This is why Mazda 2 was voted 2008 World Car of the Year!!!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    if you are in no hurry then wait for the fiesta

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    but if your wife wants to drive a M/T car, obviously, Suzuki Swift is the default winner. wala pa yatang M/T variant ang Mazda 2.

anyway, Suzuki Shaw maraming masamang balita sa service nila pero.. andito naman ang Suzuki Caloocan at Suzuki E. Rodriguez in which may magandang reputation sa service kahit papano.
    HI,

Yes, it looks like this is the case, as my wife really wants M/T, I even insist on just getting the A/T Swift.. but still chooses M/T.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    M/T talaga gusto, so we selected Swift.. :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Swift vs Mazda 2