New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Just want to see your opinion... both cars for city use...

Both brands I have experience (both were so-so...)

I still like both, so its not a practical choice (not a toyota, not a honda, not a mitsubishi)... purely a want (though budgeted... both less that 800K)

Im on the older side, car will be purely stock (in black color)... more like a toy for me.

which is better, long term (I keep cars for more than 5 years)... which will give me less headaches in terms of maintenance?...

for me, right now, its really a toss up

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    really don't know.... but personally, i prefer the swift because of the looks.... parang maski maluma eh classic and eye-catcher pa din.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I'd take the swift too. Maganda yung swift, maganda din ang handling. Haven't tried the fiesta, but I'll go with swift on your choices.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Given the choices I would prefer the Swift.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    Given the choices I would prefer the Swift.
    Swift for me it's rarer and mas class tignan. Panalo sa long term. Maintenance sa tingin same lang depende nalang sa gamit kung maalaga. Fiesta mas sporty lang.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Swift gets my vote. classic talaga looks. di na luluma.

pero if you are the type na mahilig mag mod, mas ok fiesta. thinking of the souped up fiesta used by ken block in one of his gymkhana videos. hehehe

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    The Fiesta is technically the better car with a stiffer and heavier body that translates to better stability and control. It has a bigger engine, a more advanced dual clutch transmission, and feels like a much bigger car because of its heft. It is very planted and is probably the best in class when it comes to high speed handling and stability. The downside is the dual clutch tranny which can take some time to get used to for some people (I adjusted to it easily though). The heft and solidity comes at a price too - at the fuel pump. Also the dashboard may look funky ... but also overly fussy and complicated especially for older people. It is the best long distance cruiser in class but for pure urban use ... with little use for luggage space, the Swift is probably better because ...

The Swift is more stylish, more rare/exclusive, and is lighter by some 150kg vs the Fiesta and has a smaller and more frugal engine which should translate to better fuel mileage, especially in heavy traffic conditions and it actually has a faster initial acceleration from standstill because of the traditional torque converter tranny. It is also shorter and therefore slightly easier to park in tight spaces. It is tall and is actually spacious for such a small car. The boot space is nearly nonexistent but it shouldnt matter for a toy car. The dashboard and center console might seem dull and boring and too serious but being a 40-ish guy myself ... I find it very welcome. The lightness makes it very agile - not quite as zippy as a Mazda 2 (which is also a fine choice) but very close which makes it quite a fun car to drive despite the lack of power.

If I had another bigger and faster car and want a smaller toy car - Id pick the Swift. In fact if only the Swift Sport were available locally - I wouldve bought one already.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Swift! Never runs out of style!

But please don't get the sedan version.. Very very ugly

Sent from the bottom of my .....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cal0i View Post
    Swift! Never runs out of style!

But please don't get the sedan version.. Very very ugly

Sent from the bottom of my .....
    technically- yes ford with all it's gadgets and stuff but swift is a very successful car in europe more than the fiesta- and as i recall the swift in the Phillippines are cbu from japan while the fiesta is from thailand

i vote for the swift just because there are already to many fiestas roaming around our streets and there's already an incoming all new fiesta daw

speed- both are fast
    looks- both looks nice
    handling- pretty much the same except if your a race car driver with an ultra sensitive feeling

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanks for your replies... mukhang swift wins... would probably wait for the facelifted fiesta, (though not really a deal breaker for me... I like both versions)... My hesitation with ford is their service; even if they have a good network. (This is personal experience)

Suzukis are reliable but does not have enough casa network...

really a toss up... though I guess Im leaning more on the Zuk.

Thanks again guys...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
suzuki swift (AT) VS ford fiesta HB entry level (AT)