New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sirs,

A good friend is selling me her 2006 M/T 4x4 Grand Vitara for P600k. I am the owner of the old school vitara (which has been well-maintained so far). I would like to seek your opinions regarding the following issues:

1. Is P600k okay or pwede pang mabargain to P550k? How much is the going rate for this SUV?
    2. Would PMS be much higher than my old school vitara?
    3. I am planning on selling my old school vitara para ma acquire ang new vitara, would P200k be an okay price for it? BTW its a 1992 but, everything's new - from alternator, timing belt, cylinder head, intake, and other gaskets, as in nothing to fix na, except for minor rust and paint issues.
    4. Please do not suggest other vehicles, coz zuk boy ako ever since (from samurai, jimny, beaver).
    5. What are the issues relating to the grand vitara?

Thanks and I appreciate your replies on this matter.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    If that is the third gen Vitara, konting tawad pa to dear friend baka makuha pa ng mas mababa pero I think mababa na yan sa current market value. Of course, iba pa din ang newer ride. Lesser headaches especially you said that your friend has been taking good care of the Vitara she is selling you.

If, it is the second gen, then....hmmmm. If im in that position, i would just stick with my current ride.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'm also fond of Suzuki's, in fact we have an old 3 door Escudo in Taiwan which has proven its worth through various circumstances and gives good performance and fuel economy, but the poor local dealer network and the fact that they do not offer diesel versions here prevents me from getting one. Regarding your questions, presuming that this is the latest model right? which engine is used in the car? Is it the V6 or the I4? In my most humble opinion, for the V6, 600k is definitely a runaway bargain, for the I4 naman acceptable narin. Things that must also be considered are the mileage, and maintenance. Since lady driven ito, make sure it is properly maintained since ladies usually do not take that much care of their vehicle and are usually less keen on maintaining their vehicle. If she is really a "good friend" then she wouldn't be offering it to you at an unreasonable price right? But then if she is willing to lower the price further, why not? As for the '92 Vitara, for me 200k would be kind of a premium, taking into consideration the age of the vehicle, and considering that around '96 or so Vitara's usually sell at more or less 250k, but then based on my experience, any buyer would be willing to buy a nicely maintained car even for a more premium price.

Hope this helps!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    600K for an m/t mahal

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I bought the Grand Vitara, ipapasok ko na lang sa car plan facility ng opisina. Pero I'm contemplating keeping my old school vitara na lang. Nanghihinayang akong ibenta.

Suzuki Grand Vitara proposition