New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Good day. Ask ko lang kung ano ok bilhin ang Grand Vitara at Escape? Ang alam ko both vehicles are CBU. Ask ko lang kung ano ang reliability, parts availability at resale value nito? Both vehicles are good looks. And in terms or more ruggedness, who is the winner? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    yung grand vitara ang CBU from japan, while the escape is locally built.

For me, escape. I have test driven this vehicle before, and it is tough.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    the vitara has the ladder frame incorporated to its monocoque body, which gives it true ruggedness. It also is a looker versus the escape. Parts, accessories and reliability is better for the GV - I drive one. The office also has a Ford Escape which I use from time to time, and the interior looks dated IMHO versus the GV. GV it is for me.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    the Grand vitara is better of the two. kaya lang at the GV's price, mag-CRV na lang ako

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Ruggedness and looks? I prefer GV over Escape and even with CRV, The price of fully loaded GV is comparable to a base model CRV (here in Texas). I used to own a 2007 GV Luxury that is why I am biased when it comes to ruggedness, it can cross river and climb mountains. GV is a very reliable SUV that can handle abuse offroad, watch GV videos in Youtube so you would know what I mean.

There was no single issue with the 2007 GV for 2 1/2 years I owned it.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    gabeh ganun kamura ang GV dyan, baket dito halos kasing mahal ng crv ang gv pero di naman loaded

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i'd also go with the GV on this one, better looks, better features, better over all performance. both are reliable naman, only downside of the GV is the casa service.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I can probably relate to the casa service part, but that was based on experience gained as a customer years back.

Our first generation Grand Vitara was being serviced by a Suzuki casa run by Pilhino (PTII). Service was lousy, much better at gas stations. Parts were expensive. With Suzuki no longer being run by PTII, I hope service has improved. But are parts that much more available outside, hence possibly cheaper?

My old Expedition was serviced by a Ford casa. Service was so-so, but parts were expensive. I'm not sure if Ford casas have improved their service, but I assume parts are more in abundance (and cheaper?) since the Escape's been around for a while?

Overall, for the vehicle consideration, it would be the Grand Vitara. For the casa and parts consideration, gotta do some research. This consideration might come out in favor of the Escape, however, since it's been around longer.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Grand Vitara for me. Its more powerful and more capable off road, though I think the Escape has good offroading capability as well since Ford proved it by running it through an off road course made for the Ranger. But then again, the Grand Vitara looks a lot better and is also the only one in its class to be primarily rear wheel driven. Though I would have liked a six speed transmission and AWD added to the 2.4 variant, and maybe perhaps a diesel engine?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To stray a bit from the TS's original points for consideration, how's the ride on both? The old GV had a very truck like and choppy ride. What about the new one vs the Escape?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 vs. Ford Escape XLT