New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Hello good evening tsikot. I was a lurker since about 2006. Now i just came back from the states and decided to live here in our country for good.

I want to hear from your opinions on what options do i have for my next car. Basically i am looking sana for a car that has a masculine "dating" as they call it. A car na symbolizes success and will act as a status symbol i hope you can understand my thoughts, a car that commands respect. I want a car sana na even a couple of years from now ay timeless parin siya. To give you a summary on the cars i owned in the past.

Land cruiser 80 (sold) i am really happy with this car totally brute and really commands respect
    Pajero fieldmaster (still with me) timeless looks and still reliable. Also a status symbol 1 and a half decade ago
    Patrol presidential - not so reliable imo but commanded respect at its time

Now , guys please help on what car will suit me. I have an open budget , just suggest and if possible the reason why. Maybe I'll go with the car that most people suggested. I have a couple of models in my mind but i will not post it yet so that i'll not be biased

PS: please dont hate me for having a car that will serve as a status symbol. Dont worry im not that kind of guy who carries a gun ; counterflows ; uses wang wang.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a rolls. or a bentley.
    everything else just looks... common enough. including SUVs.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by calibre027 View Post
    Hello good evening tsikot. I was a lurker since about 2006. Now i just came back from the states and decided to live here in our country for good.

I want to hear from your opinions on what options do i have for my next car. Basically i am looking sana for a car that has a masculine "dating" as they call it. A car na symbolizes success and will act as a status symbol i hope you can understand my thoughts, a car that commands respect. I want a car sana na even a couple of years from now ay timeless parin siya. To give you a summary on the cars i owned in the past.

Land cruiser 80 (sold) i am really happy with this car totally brute and really commands respect
    Pajero fieldmaster (still with me) timeless looks and still reliable. Also a status symbol 1 and a half decade ago
    Patrol presidential - not so reliable imo but commanded respect at its time

Now , guys please help on what car will suit me. I have an open budget , just suggest and if possible the reason why. Maybe I'll go with the car that most people suggested. I have a couple of models in my mind but i will not post it yet so that i'll not be biased

PS: please dont hate me for having a car that will serve as a status symbol. Dont worry im not that kind of guy who carries a gun ; counterflows ; uses wang wang.
    Land Cruiser

4. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a rolls. or a bentley.
    everything else just looks... common enough. including SUVs.
    Thanks for the input sir but i think my "open" budget cant handle it hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Land Cruiser
    Thanks for the input maam. Will consider it.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by calibre027 View Post
    Thanks for the input sir but i think my "open" budget cant handle it hehe.

Thanks for the input maam. Will consider it.
    noted.
    in the future, perhaps.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Land cruiser, is the default, theyll think youre a congressman etc, My pick is the defender...for the commoner, not much to look at, it doesnt shout privilage, for the connoisseur( who are in the know) youll get their thumbs up...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Land cruiser, is the default, theyll think youre a congressman etc, My pick is the defender...for the commoner, not much to look at, it doesnt shout privilage, for the connoisseur( who are in the know) youll get their thumbs up...
    defender seconded!
    the range rover and the LC will get nary a look.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 8th, 2016 at 01:36 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    A used g-wagon hehehe. Mb will never change its styling. Timeless brute. I see two of them in the area. Gwagon-amg class. Those are loud.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Landcruiser for me. Tough as nails. The best resale value. Will last a decade or more easily. Commanding presence. Easy to mod. Super spacious . Decent enough luxury. Got all the tech and features you need to make driving it enjoyable (or less of a hassle). And the current model has a retuned engine that can match a petrol v8 for grunt.

Yes they are common and there are many good reasons for that. Also the people 'in the know' have them as well. It isnt the most expensive in the top echelon of choices but she wont be out of place beside a G-wagen, Range Rover, merc GLS , q7 or x5. And years after you have sold the german cars, you will still be holding on to the LC. They (like the defender and a few other marquees) are timeless.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i like the newest iteration of the nissan patrol. i just dunno how it performs against the likes of the vehicles stacked-up against it in the market though

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast