New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by choypaul View Post
    thank you all for your suggestions. actually, my personal choice is hyundai tucson.. pero since si ermat bibili at pera niya, ayaw daw nya hyundai kasi korean made cars. wala pa daw siya tiwala.

any inputs sa tucson? ito rin gusto ko eh.
    We have 3 Korean cars as of now. 2010 Tucson iX LMX20 4WD, 2010 Santa Fe GLS 2WD, 2003 Starex Club. Nothing failed. Nasa pag-aalaga kasi yan eh.

I don't have to make my post long just to prove that the Tucson is a good CUV, tingnan mo palang sa labas ng bahay mo kung ilang Tucson ang dadaan, o ilang Hyundai ang dadaan, masasagot na ang tanong mo.

Also, try to visit the Hyundai Cars Talk sa taas, back-read sa Tucson threads. The general discussion, issues, photos, modifications, etc.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I think there are build quality issues with the current model Tucson.
    thanks sir! actually my bro wants the ASX and mom wants the Xtrail. so sila nagtatalo. nung nakita ko yung ASX parang masyadong mababa compare sa Xtrail.. pero hinde ko pa nakita loob since walang display unit and test drive unit yung mitsubushi qave.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Xtrail CVT for me as well. Tried and tested to last till who knows when.

If you will buy a Tucson, go with the diesel. It's much worth it than the gas variant.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *edit.edit.edit*

I`d go with the XTrail, mas may dating IMHO.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    Hi TS, how do you plan to use your SUV? Will it be a fair mix of on-road and rough-road? Or will it be more on-road? Will you be doing long drives or short drives?

Between the two, I'd say the X-Trail would be your best bet if you have long drives and a significant amount of rough-roading. The X-trail has a great suspension, with the ride being very comfy, even on rough roads. It also has a very good power output of 170 hp*6000 rpm and torque of 245 Nm*4000rpm. Space-wise, it's really very comfy for passengers and the cargo area is big. Note that I have the older X-Trail 250 4x4, which I find both powerful already and has a significant space, yet the CVT edition has upgraded power and slightly bigger dimensions, so you do the math The downside of the older X-trail is poor city fuel consumption, where I average 5, and if lucky I hit 5.5 km/L. The CVT version should be better. Highway driving is very good, though. I easily hit 11 km/L and at one point, hit 13 km/L while averaging 110 kph. The CVT edition should easily surpass that.

If it is more of city driving that you will do with some long-haul drives to provinces, then the ASX is a good choice.The default cargo area is much smaller than the X-Trail's, but foldable rear seats will increase the volume, though if you carry a lot of cargo and passengers, then it could get a bit cramped. The smaller size of the ASX (as compared to the X-Trail) makes it more nimble than the X-Trail, though, which is very useful in city traffic. The ASX would also have a bit more stiffer suspension than the X-trail, so handling and performance is better in this regard as opposed to the X-trail. With the x-trail, you can feel significant body roll on tight turns at significant speed (though why would you do that in the first place in an X-trail? lol)

My take is that if comfort and power is your primary concern, go get the X-trail; if you prefer something more sporty in terms of handling, then get the ASX. The X-trail has the stronger pulling (and carrying) power, the ASX has the better handling. Oh, the stock ASX also has more toys, with a GPS unit included, while the stock CVT X-trail doesn't. The ASX comes equipped with 17-inch alloys, the X-trail with 16 inchers. And the ASX comes with paddle shifters, a big deal if you like going zoom-zoom
    hmm.. ok din pala ang ASX? thanks sir for a very detailed comparison between the two!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Xtrail.

*sg : mas maikli yan sa post mo ... :hysterical:
    Hahahahahaha. Ikaw na.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    We have 3 Korean cars as of now. 2010 Tucson iX LMX20 4WD, 2010 Santa Fe GLS 2WD, 2003 Starex Club. Nothing failed. Nasa pag-aalaga kasi yan eh.

I don't have to make my post long just to prove that the Tucson is a good CUV, tingnan mo palang sa labas ng bahay mo kung ilang Tucson ang dadaan, o ilang Hyundai ang dadaan, masasagot na ang tanong mo.

Also, try to visit the Hyundai Cars Talk sa taas, back-read sa Tucson threads. The general discussion, issues, photos, modifications, etc.

actually sir totoo yan. kahit saan ako magpunta may tucson akong nakikita or sante fe. problema ayaw ni ermat eh. wala ako choice. haha

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    If it is more of city driving that you will do with some long-haul drives to provinces, then the ASX is a good choice.The default cargo area is much smaller than the X-Trail's, but foldable rear seats will increase the volume, though if you carry a lot of cargo and passengers, then it could get a bit cramped. The smaller size of the ASX (as compared to the X-Trail) makes it more nimble than the X-Trail, though, which is very useful in city traffic. The ASX would also have a bit more stiffer suspension than the X-trail, so handling and performance is better in this regard as opposed to the X-trail. With the x-trail, you can feel significant body roll on tight turns at significant speed (though why would you do that in the first place in an X-trail? lol)

For the ASX, it's not really stiff suspension. It's better suspension stabilizers which prevent the ASX from tilting left/right too much in a curve as compared to other SUVs. These are the similar to the ones used in the Lancer EX GTA which helps improve road handling and stability.

Handling-wise, the ASX can match a sedan (example Lancer EX GTA) on the curves. I have proven it on my drive through the zigzags in Tanay Rizal.

BTW, the ASX also have electric power steering which becomes heavier as you increase in speed.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    *TS: I think your mom hasn't been keeping up with the various awards Hyundai has been garnering worldwide the past couple of years, hehe!

At any rate, the Tucson is a very capable vehicle, both the gasoline Theta II and diesel R-eVGT variants. For 1.338 M, you can get the 2.0 GL R-eVGT. It doesn't have a lot of toys, but it is 4x4 and has the very esteemed and powerful Hyundai CRDi engine.For 1.158 M, you could get the 2.0 GLS Theta II gasoline version which comes with quite a few toys. Between the two, you'll probably enjoy the R-eVGT which will allow you to go vroom-vroom. The gas variant is no pushover though, as I had the chance to whip it up to 170 kph (with more to spare), though those R-eVGT variants can easily pull 200 kph (ask our resident Tucson guru, Starex_Gold). The R-eVGT also have great FC numbers, while the gas variants can be a little thirsty.

As an additional comparison, I still prefer the comfort and off-roadability of the X-trail over the Tucson. Also, on the gasoline engine front, the 2.5L X-trail definitely has a much better kick than a 2.0L Tuc, though the 2.4L Tuc should be able to close the gap, but the price is much steeper at 1.598 M.
    Last edited by digitalron; June 6th, 2011 at 06:25 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by choypaul View Post
    thanks sir! actually my bro wants the ASX and mom wants the Xtrail. so sila nagtatalo. nung nakita ko yung ASX parang masyadong mababa compare sa Xtrail.. pero hinde ko pa nakita loob since walang display unit and test drive unit yung mitsubushi qave.
    Yup mas maliit talaga ASX. Same size ng ASX ang Nissan Juke so if you're taller than 5'8", you will have problems at the rear seats. If you plan to drive the car most of the time, ASX is ok. But if your family will ride as well, go for the Xtrail.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Which SUV to buy with a 1.2-1.3M budget