New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I'm currently in the research phase and currently looking at these 2 cars - Peugeot 5008 and Subaru Outback. I understand the 5008 is a 7 seater but for the price between the 3008 and 5008, i think it's small enough to consider the bigger 5008. I doubt I would be using the 3rd row, just like I can probably count in one hand the times I've used the 3rd row from my current SUV.

Having said that, I don't know how reliable the Peugeot is, I understand they had some issues early on but not sure how they are now. As for the Subaru, my family had a few of these, off and on over the years, before but in the US and we didn't have that much issues with them.

A few months back, I was deadset on the Outback but recently this 5008 is growing on me.

My concern would be reliability and parts. This will not be my main car.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What’s the price range of both vehicles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    What’s the price range of both vehicles?

Peugeot 5008 around P2.26M and 3008 around P2.09M. Subaru Outback is around P2.38M

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Maybe you can consider the Mazda CX9 or Kia Sorento or Ford Explorer. They are more expensive but they are worth considering.

Between the Peugeot and Subaru, I would pick the Subaru. You have a wider support network for Subaru locally.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    for that price I'd rather get the RAV4 Hybrid with TSS.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevie View Post
    I'm currently in the research phase and currently looking at these 2 cars - Peugeot 5008 and Subaru Outback. I understand the 5008 is a 7 seater but for the price between the 3008 and 5008, i think it's small enough to consider the bigger 5008. I doubt I would be using the 3rd row, just like I can probably count in one hand the times I've used the 3rd row from my current SUV.

Having said that, I don't know how reliable the Peugeot is, I understand they had some issues early on but not sure how they are now. As for the Subaru, my family had a few of these, off and on over the years, before but in the US and we didn't have that much issues with them.

A few months back, I was deadset on the Outback but recently this 5008 is growing on me.

My concern would be reliability and parts. This will not be my main car.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    If you're concerned about reliability and parts, don't buy any peugeot.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Maybe you can consider the Mazda CX9 or Kia Sorento or Ford Explorer. They are more expensive but they are worth considering.

Between the Peugeot and Subaru, I would pick the Subaru. You have a wider support network for Subaru locally.

Yes, I also considered the Mazda CX9 but it seems too big, so is the Explorer . . .the new Sorento though, I have yet to take a look, I will look into that as well.

Thanks

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    CX-9 is big but the boot is tiny. Parang boot space lang ng Rav4. Because of that aggressively sloping rear window line.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevie View Post
    Peugeot 5008 and Subaru Outback
    my vote goes to Subaru bec of its local network.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    If you're concerned about reliability and parts, don't buy any peugeot.

I tried researching on the reliability issues of Peugeot and most I find are from years past. I also understand they do not have a lot of dealer network locally, so that is also a reason that I'm hesitant on Peugeot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast