New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Hi , Someone I know is looking forward to buy a new vehicle and is asking me for advice
    her choice is the Isuzu MU-x can guys suggest anything
    or maybe a van para during family outings hindi kailangan convoy
    Budget probaly aroung 1.4M since the 4x2 a/t mu-x is around 1.358
    TIA

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Pasok ba ang starex sa 1.4M? Kung pasok sa starex ako

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yes, the Starex TCI 10-seater fits the budget at 1.34M.

But I don't agree with making your daily drive a van just because you're concerned of the outings you'll have once every few months.

10% of the time, it's the perfect car. 90% of the time, it's too large and difficult to maneuver inside the metro.

CX5/Forester or Fortuner/Montero for me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Hi , Someone I know is looking forward to buy a new vehicle and is asking me for advice
    her choice is the Isuzu MU-x can guys suggest anything
    or maybe a van para during family outings hindi kailangan convoy
    Budget probaly aroung 1.4M since the 4x2 a/t mu-x is around 1.358
    TIA

I have both SUV's and a Starex Van and they both have their advantages as a daily drive. My Starex is spot on with passenger space and is fuel efficient. My Trailblazer and Honda Pilot are very comfortable. I prefer to use the Starex as my daily drive and the SUV's are my weekenders. I don't have a problem with its size nor moving around the metro. Driving skills are what dictates your difficulty not the size of the vehicle. If your driving is good then you can even move around in a Hummer or an FJ comfortably even if they have blind spots. Choose the one that is comfortable to drive for you. It doesn't matter whether its an SUV or a Sedan or a VAN. Just my two cents. :drive1:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i have both suv and a van, i use the van daily since it's driver driven and i'll have more space to work while stuck in edsa traffic. but if i'm the one driving i'll use the suv, will never use a van as a daily driver since it's too large and long for me to drive daily. my suv is a land cruiser btw but i still find starex/hiace to big and long to drive in the metro. don't get me wrong it's not that i can't drive a huge van it's just easier and more comfortable for me to drive an suv.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For daily use, if I am the driver, I would buy an SUV. Being driven, I prefer a van. I can't see myself driving a van everyday. The size is too big for me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yes, the Starex TCI 10-seater fits the budget at 1.34M.

But I don't agree with making your daily drive a van just because you're concerned of the outings you'll have once every few months.

10% of the time, it's the perfect car. 90% of the time, it's too large and difficult to maneuver inside the metro.

CX5/Forester or Fortuner/Montero for me.
    Tama logic na ito. Buy a car for its general and intended use, not for special occasions. It what a 2nd car is for. hehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Thanks for the replies
    BTW she is also considering the long overdue Escape because of the power liftgate
    any opinions regarding this cuv?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^^^ ^^^^^

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Starex TCI mas convenient siya

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast