New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    nowadays, how much na po ba ang ganito?
    400K-800K depending on the year model. 2 yr old model could fetch around 800+/-K negotiable.

06-to some 08 model could reach 400-450K.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    who was this gentleman who suggested... for a little more than a TOTL vios, you can get an altis. it's a much better car..
    i'm mulling between the vios, almera and g4... but the altis seems to be the dark horse..
    Could you pls refer me to my post that i said that qoute? I dont even know how much is the price of the base altis

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    One shouldn't expect "the best ride" in the subcompact category.. well.. unless it's track then maybe a stripped Mazda2 will bring you joy.

If you want to shield your grandma from the harsh environment of the country, start looking at secondhand Toyota Camrys. The 1995 version should sell at a pretty steep discount by now.. and it's plush as ****. It's like riding with pillows on your ass.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    One shouldn't expect "the best ride" in the subcompact category.. well.. unless it's track then maybe a stripped Mazda2 will bring you joy.2006

If you want to shield your grandma from the harsh environment of the country, start looking at secondhand Toyota Camrys. The 1995 version should sell at a pretty steep discount by now.. and it's plush as ****. It's like riding with pillows on your ass.
    My lola goes by quite well with a 2006 Camry 2.4V for her daily pasyal (with over 100,000 pasyal kms logged already).

A brand new Altis starts at less than 800K with discounts AFAIK. If you're looking at the subcompact category for brand new, I think the Almera is interesting to check out also.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Could you pls refer me to my post that i said that qoute? I dont even know how much is the price of the base altis
    Check out those deals offered in the malls for Toyota vehicles and within dealerships. I browsed thru the prices and the new Vios 1.5G (MT or AT) is about the same price as the Altis 1.6G (MT or AT). The Altis is even offered at a lower DP than the new Vios. The Altis 1.6V is also offered at a discount so if this model is within the same range as a TOTL Vios, it will be a much better option.
    Last edited by Egan101; November 26th, 2013 at 05:57 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    One shouldn't expect "the best ride" in the subcompact category.. well.. unless it's track then maybe a stripped Mazda2 will bring you joy.

nissan teana. sobrang sarap sakyan

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Lots of replies thank you! Yes the practical choice, in my case, may be the altis but i just find it outdated. I also only want brand new so the grandia is out of the picture. Its really me wholl mostly use it but ill often bring my mother places
    I recently rode in an almera taxi and the ride was satisfactory with huge backseat legroom.
    I will look into the suggestions salamat

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about an Elantra 1.6L or the Lancer EX 1.6L? They are priced about the same as the TOTL subcompacts.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sorry.. dumoble.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 28th, 2013 at 12:32 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    i'm sorry... but what i meant was that someone already suggested before, that a high end vios and lower end altis were in the same price range.. but i can't remember who said it..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast