New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    *therightone - if you're considering the CX5 2.5L AWD, you might as well consider the Forester XT. Subaru usually offers an 80k discount thus bringing the price of the Forester XT almost same as the CX5 2.5L AWD.
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Forester XT and CX5 2.5 cost roughly the same. Hands down XT - the power and space are amazing. It's also a true AWD that can handle difficult terrain.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Naisip ko rin na closer na ang price ng CX5 2.5L AWD to the XT, pero since you get free PMS for 3 years with Yojin 3 and I also assume similar or maybe cheaper ang long term maintenance both brands or baka masmura kaunti si Mazda.

Isa pa is mas future proof ang CX-5 kaysa sa XT considering the price.... next year most likely refresh pa rin naman ang Forester.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by therightone View Post
    Naisip ko rin na closer na ang price ng CX5 2.5L AWD to the XT, pero since you get free PMS for 3 years with Yojin 3 and I also assume similar or maybe cheaper ang long term maintenance both brands or baka masmura kaunti si Mazda.

Isa pa is mas future proof ang CX-5 kaysa sa XT considering the price.... next year most likely refresh pa rin naman ang Forester.
    The "all-new" CX5 still doesn't appeal to me as much as the FXT. The turbo engine paired with that chassis is sublime. If the engine doesn't matter much to you, then I guess that's why you're more drawn to the CX5.

If you really like the CX5, then go for it.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The "all-new" CX5 still doesn't appeal to me as much as the FXT. The turbo engine paired with that chassis is sublime. If the engine doesn't matter much to you, then I guess that's why you're more drawn to the CX5.

If you really like the CX5, then go for it.

hehe far from it really... just weighing pros and cons. Need to test drive and compare them properly first.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006

The CX5 AWD was a serious consideration for us last year. However, the Forester has a bigger interior and trunk compared to the CX5. The CX5 feels more plush inside though but I like the more utilitarian demeanor of the Forester. In terms of performance though, the FXT just trumps the competition. The CX5 offers sharper handling but the FXT offers ample grip, very quick acceleration, and can be utterly fast when needed.

By the way, Motor Image (local Subie dealership) allows you to bring your own oil and parts at a small corkage fee.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The CX5 AWD was a serious consideration for us last year. However, the Forester has a bigger interior and trunk compared to the CX5. The CX5 feels more plush inside though but I like the more utilitarian demeanor of the Forester. In terms of performance though, the FXT just trumps the competition. The CX5 offers sharper handling but the FXT offers ample grip, very quick acceleration, and can be utterly fast when needed.

By the way, Motor Image (local Subie dealership) allows you to bring your own oil and parts at a small corkage fee.
    Yang engine na yan talaga nga

Good to know about the oil/parts thing sa dealership.

I backread a bit sa Forester and CX-5 thread and surprised to know na some people pay upwards of P30-40K for regular PMS sa casa pag higher mileage na...

I think PMS and change CVT trans fluid etc. for 40K KM ng Forester almost P30,000 ata daw quote?
    Then nabasa ko naman for CX-5 yun quote daw for 80K KM PMS is I think P60,000?

Haha hindi ko alam kung outdated na ba ako pero I never once reached more than P10K on regular PMS sa casa before, umabot ako ng 120K KM sa 2006 ford Ranger and I believe 30K KM sa ford everest 2011....

Ganyan naba talaga kamahal ang PMS ngayon for modern cars?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hehe far from it really... just weighing pros and cons. Need to test drive and compare them properly first.
    If cost is a consideration, then go for the yojin3. Subaru cars are expensive to maintain.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    If cost is a consideration, then go for the yojin3. Subaru cars are expensive to maintain.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the input.

Yes cost is definitely a consideration... I feel like the prices for these cars are already at my limit cost wise, so any savings down the road on maintenance etc. would definitely be welcome.

Yojin3 definitely helps, pwedeng itabi nalang yun pang PMS sana para ihanda for expenses after yojin3 lapses.... parang balita mahal ang PMS daw outside ng yojin.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Haha hindi ko alam kung outdated na ba ako pero I never once reached more than P10K on regular PMS sa casa before, umabot ako ng 120K KM sa 2006 ford Ranger and I believe 30K KM sa ford everest 2011....

Ganyan naba talaga kamahal ang PMS ngayon for modern cars?

Were your Ford Ranger and Ford Everest automatic and four wheel drive? ... Automatic transmissions specially CVT are more expensive to maintain than manual transmissions ... four wheel drive vehicles require more oil for maintenance ...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for the input.

Yes cost is definitely a consideration... I feel like the prices for these cars are already at my limit cost wise, so any savings down the road on maintenance etc. would definitely be welcome.

Yojin3 definitely helps, pwedeng itabi nalang yun pang PMS sana para ihanda for expenses after yojin3 lapses.... parang balita mahal ang PMS daw outside ng yojin.
    You can always opt for the base trims of the Forester and CX5. The Forester 2.0i-L is priced around 1.4M while the CX5 Pro 2.0L FWD is priced around 1.5M.

If you're looking at another option, the new Xtrail is priced reasonably well for what it offers; 1.3M+ for the 2.0L FWD and 1.5M+ for the 2.5L AWD.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Were your Ford Ranger and Ford Everest automatic and four wheel drive? ... Automatic transmissions specially CVT are more expensive to maintain than manual transmissions ... four wheel drive vehicles require more oil for maintenance ...
    Now that you mentioned it no both are Manual and 2WD.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast