New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    Is the AWD of the Subaru a big advantage over the FWD of the CX-5? (there's an AWD CX-5, but not the model within my budget)

In the city and in our climate, there's little or no use for AWD ...

Appreciate the inputs, maraming salamat.

Now leaning towards the CX-5. Just need to save up since medyo outside my original budget.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Save up ... by the time you're ready to buy, there will be discounts already ...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Hi Sir,

I really can't decide between the Mazda CX3 Sport vs Subaru XV i. I will buy any of the 2 car to replace/upgrade my current ride (ecosport). Im humbly asking for your expert advice for me to make the right choice. Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by autorescue04 View Post
    Hi Sir,

I really can't decide between the Mazda CX3 Sport vs Subaru XV i. I will buy any of the 2 car to replace/upgrade my current ride (ecosport). Im humbly asking for your expert advice for me to make the right choice. Thanks.
    The CX3 is not much bigger than the Ecosport. It is also a bit expensive for its size. If you are comparing the base trims, I would go with the XV. If you're looking at the top of the line models, I would rather spend that budget with A CX5 or Forester instead.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Wait for the 2017 Subaru XV ...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Very very early research here... planning to get either an XV, Forester (2.0 Prem) or CX-5 (2.5AWD) sometime next year. Will be used mainly for 2 pax lang with bigger consideration on comfort for longer drive.

I already checked out the CX-5 and I like it a lot based on the interiors and overall styling, and seems like yojin3 is a good deal. Pero haven't test driven it.

Both XV and Forester, hindi ko pa nacheck up close... it seems like maganda sana ang Forester 2.5XT but if no huge discounts masyado na siyang mahal for me.

All reviews I've seen/watched on youtube seems to put both Forester and CX-5 high up on the list, with a slight advantage on the Forester for space and offroading and to the CX-5 for styling, creature comforts and use of materials.

The only reason I added XV is because it's cheaper than forester, if it offers more of the same features then pwede na rin. Will have to check.

It's totally possible I'll end up with a totally different vehicle next year though haha as you can see... I'm far from decided

P.S. I'm a comeback tsikoteer... d ko na maalala ang handle ko before, but I used to be active here until around 2011, used to drive Ford Ranger and Everest.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *therightone - if you're considering the CX5 2.5L AWD, you might as well consider the Forester XT. Subaru usually offers an 80k discount thus bringing the price of the Forester XT almost same as the CX5 2.5L AWD.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Forester XT and CX5 2.5 cost roughly the same. Hands down XT - the power and space are amazing. It's also a true AWD that can handle difficult terrain.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    I drive a CX-5 2.0 base model and satisfied naman ako overall, specially yung sa likod kapag nag-go-grocery maluwag talaga ang space. And of course yojin3 naka 1.5 years na akong walang bayad sa maintenance. Confirmed na maganda ang handling, kahit winding yung road di ako nagme-menor ng todo, parang sedan lang.
    Yung VX ng officemate ko parang masikip sa loob at maliit lang trunk space pareho ng mitsu asx.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast