New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Having a hard time deciding on these two...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The CX5 outperformed the XV in the COTY tests http://www.kotse.com/home/index.php/...13-performance
    The CX5 is bigger inside and out.
    The CX5 is supposed to be more fuel efficient.
    The CX5 is available in MT.
    Yojin 3 is a plus.

The XV has AWD.

Either way you're getting a good car. Test drive and decide. Follow your heart
    Last edited by JohnM; April 15th, 2013 at 11:53 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    In terms of ground clearance, XV is higher by about only 5mm.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    CX5 generally has more awards, better reviews and is more spacious. I also prefer the CX5's transmission options, firmer suspension and sweet revving engine. The XV does look better - more sleek and more sporty, and rad looking wheels but the CX5 is actually more fun to drive. The CX5 however needs to be pushed and revved for it to be fun. The XV thanks to the CVT ... isn't as fun as the looks suggest but it is easier to drive in a more relaxed manner. If it were me, CX5 with MT would be my choice.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Bayona View Post
    Having a hard time deciding on these two...
    XV is smaller than the CX-5 ... dramatically less cargo room, something you have to consider especially if you have a baby or need to haul practical amounts of cargo around.

The CX-5 front grill is the only part of the car I fail to appreciate. I just feel it's ugly.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    as much as i love subaru's i'd go with the cx-5 on this one. it's a better overall car compared to the xv plus i actually love how it looks. personally for me i think it is the best looking asian CUV in the market right now.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    If the XV had the Forester motor I'd be all out for it. Hence, CX5 also gets my vote.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    XV is smaller than the CX-5 ... dramatically less cargo room, something you have to consider especially if you have a baby or need to haul practical amounts of cargo around.

The CX-5 front grill is the only part of the car I fail to appreciate. I just feel it's ugly.

ung mazda 6 same din sa CX-5 front grill sir GH diba?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Much as I like the XV (I think it's superior in every way to the Impreza... in terms of transmission programming, space, ride comfort and handling), the CX5 is definitely the better car, overall.

Fantastic crossover. Fantastic to drive, great ride, decent space, decent cargo space, great engine, good economy.

About the only bad thing you can say about it is it's not quite as spacious as a CR-V. But it's a fun thing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

i totally agree on this one, i find it also unattractive. no offense to cx5 and future mazda6 owners but it really reminds me of a nose of a bear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast