New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    The HR-V seems to be surprisingly light -- is just 32KG heavier than the Civic 1.8E, and 4KG heavier than the Altis 1.6V and 1.6G CVT...
    The HRV is based on the Jazz platform which is around 200kg lighter than the Civic 1.8L. The raised suspension together with the other stuff thus bring the weight of the HRV to just above the Civic 1.8L.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    The HR-V seems to be surprisingly light -- is just 32KG heavier than the Civic 1.8E, and 4KG heavier than the Altis 1.6V and 1.6G CVT...
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Weight is about the same. Civic 1.8 1,228 kg. vs. 1,256 for the HR-V
    HR-V has a CVT vs. the Civic's 5AT. I think FC should be the same or baka better pa nga HR-V
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's good. Sana the Mazda CX-3 also arrives for comparison. It's said to be lighter than the M3.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post

That's good. Sana the Mazda CX-3 also arrives for comparison. It's said to be lighter than the M3.
    cx-3 will arrive next year

Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post

cx-3 will arrive next year

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Tough call. I've always liked the XV, but the HRV looks like serious competition, not only for the XV but for other crossovers.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for all the replies. I'm leaning towards the HR-V at the moment, might commit within the week..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Mazda has the best interior. Dislike the current Honda interiors. Among the choices above the HR-V EL, Subaru Forester is the only one with 6 airbags.

Which has the larger interior volume, Honda HR-V or the CX-5?

*Louie
    Do you have reverse camera for the CX-5 Maxx?
    Last edited by Walter; June 11th, 2015 at 10:24 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for all the replies. I'm leaning towards the HR-V at the moment, might commit within the week..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by joey_ed27 View Post
    Tough call. I've always liked the XV, but the HRV looks like serious competition, not only for the XV but for other crossovers.
    A competition in price maybe but not in overall value. The XV comes standard with AWD. The ASX FWD seems to be the best competition of the HRV. The Ecosport, CX3, and ix20 are the direct competition to the HRV, as these vehicles are practically subcompacts on stilts. The Sportage and Tucson may be priced about the same as the HRV but they are really more in the same category as the Forester, Xtrail, CX5, CRV, and RAV4.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post

If the Jazz has bigger interior volume than the Mazda3, then the HRV will be bigger inside than the CX5.
    Last edited by Egan101; June 11th, 2015 at 12:37 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I would rather get the cx5 maxx 2.0 6at *1.34 with 3yr free maintenance
    I briefly considered the CX-5 Pro, too. I think the price can be lowered to 1.3xx if you pay cash.

For its purported size, the interior seems really cramped compared to its rivals. Another sticking point for me is the battery. I read it costs around 13k and it's not readily available in our suking battery stores.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Mazda has the best interior. Dislike the current Honda interiors. Among the choices above the HR-V EL, Subaru Forester is the only one with 6 airbags.

*Louie
    I think the cx-5 has the biggest, since cargo palang lamang na cx-5, 34.1 cubic feet to 23.2 for the hr-v

OT: haven't checked what type of head unit the cx-5 maxx uses, haha. will have to visit the showroom sometime to see

*Louie
    I think the cx-5 has the biggest, since cargo palang lamang na cx-5, 34.1 cubic feet to 23.2 for the hr-v

OT: haven't checked what type of head unit the cx-5 maxx uses, haha. will have to visit the showroom sometime to see

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast