New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Hello! Tho di affrcted ang Mazda sa excise tax, but were planning on buying a crossover befire this year ends. Would like to ask for your opinions

Concerns:
    1) both are gas, so medyo my dad is not okay with this + 2.0l.
    2) Subaru maintenance (idk if its true) is expensive but what im sure is the parts are very expensive especially the cvt fluid
    3) mazda only has around 150mm ground clearance tho enticing ang PMS. D ko lang alam ang parts na gagastohin if ever
    4) i thnk mas long term ang subbie? Esp sa safety and durability + may xmode pa

Any suggestions are really appreciated. Thank you po!!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reliability and long term maintenance i go with the Subie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With the prices of such models, it is more practical to buy a Subaru Forester or Mazda CX5.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    With the prices of such models, it is more practical to buy a Subaru Forester or Mazda CX5.
    if you do the math its the same, totl ppv vs totl cuvs...lets say fortuner diesel 2.23 and gas cx5..1.9m...factor in the fuel...parehas lang

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jannmunion View Post
    Hello! Tho di affrcted ang Mazda sa excise tax, but were planning on buying a crossover befire this year ends. Would like to ask for your opinions

Concerns:
    1) both are gas, so medyo my dad is not okay with this + 2.0l.
    2) Subaru maintenance (idk if its true) is expensive but what im sure is the parts are very expensive especially the cvt fluid
    3) mazda only has around 150mm ground clearance tho enticing ang PMS. D ko lang alam ang parts na gagastohin if ever
    4) i thnk mas long term ang subbie? Esp sa safety and durability + may xmode pa

Any suggestions are really appreciated. Thank you po!!
    Sir jannmuion,

In reality, kung gas engine talaga, necessity yan, talagang gagastos ka dahil yan ang maintenance mo sa for everyday driving
    ang very good advantage naman, less complicated ito pag dating sa PMS.. at major breakdown, unlike sa diesel, matipid sa krudo, pero once na merong certain part(s) ang nagkaroon ng breakdown, complicated at mas magastos..

layman's term.. sa CP, kung Prepaid.. Gas Engine, pag Plan.. Diesel.

Maintenance, PMS, unexpected breakdown/damage(s), engine, brakes/hydraulics/under-chassis/tires/electrical/body/interior,

gastos talaga yan, at yan po ang reality,

di baleng gumastos ng maintenance related sa safety ng sasakyan... good and long term effect naman, kahit saan pumunta, never magkakaroon ng aberya..

Sir Egan 101,

kung 100K difference naman, dun na lang sa advanced model,

Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    if you do the math its the same, totl ppv vs totl cuvs...lets say fortuner diesel 2.23 and gas cx5..1.9m...factor in the fuel...parehas lang

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Sir MR_BIG18,

Depende po talaga sa choice ng owner, kung ano po ba ang personal choice at preference pag dating sa sasakyan,

hindi naman po lahat, talagang yung owner mismo yung nagmamaneho, yung iba, merong personal driver..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post

Sir Egan 101,

kung 100K difference naman, dun na lang sa advanced model,
    What do you mean advanced model? The XV over the Forester? The XV uses the same engine and tranny as the Forester NA model. The Forester just offers more internal and cargo space.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    What do you mean advanced model? The XV over the Forester? The XV uses the same engine and tranny as the Forester NA model. The Forester just offers more internal and cargo space.
    Maybe he means that the XV is a newer model and has more features than the Forester.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Maybe he means that the XV is a newer model and has more features than the Forester.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Maybe so but he may need to check the models in the flesh. Subaru tend to make features standard across models, with the engine options being the primary factor for a big chunk of the price difference.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I'd go with the new XV over the CX3.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jannmunion View Post
    Hello! Tho di affrcted ang Mazda sa excise tax,
    Can i ask why Mazda units won't be affected by the Excise Tax?

I will choose the subaru XV than the Mazda cx3. since mazda released the CX-3 i barely see any on the road. But the subaru XV i see a lot of them everywhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast