New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    got inspired by the 2.0 Civic vs WRX thread, but its really a mismatch so have to bring in the Civic SI Coupe VS WRX. i dont have technical data at hand now, inputs please.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My answer is in my signature.

:lol:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I like turbos. So the WRX would seem like a natural choice. But, the Si isn't without it's charm. I like the Si's looks much better than the WRX.

Also, while AWD is better than FWD, AWD is also potentially more expensive to maintain farther down the road.*

It's kind of the same reasoning I had for picking a FWD 91 Laser Turbo vs an AWD 91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD/Eclipse GSX. The FWD Laser was also 300 lbs lighter than the AWD Talon. But, that wouldn't apply to disimilar cars like in this thread.

* With a FWD car, the strain is on the tires. With an AWD car, the strain is on the AWD system.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 12th, 2007 at 05:15 PM.

dagdagan pa natin ng mazdaspeed 3..meron nang import dito...from standout motors..nandun parin ung 06 usdm-fd civic SI

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    WRX - 2.5 Boxer engine, 5-speed, 230hp/5,600rpm, 32.6kgm/3,600rpm of torque, AWD and its Turbo, 0-100kph in 5.5sec

Civic SI - 2.0 K20z3 engine, 197hp/7,800rpm, 6-speed, 138lb/ft /6,800rpm of torque, FWD with Limited Slip Differential, non-turbo, 0-100pkh in 5.8sec

power/acceleration - WRX
    exterior - both, depends on your taste. WRX looks aggressive while the Si is ***ier.
    interior - i'll go for the SI plus its a bit bigger, though 2nd row is tight i think.
    price - in phil, WRX is P1.73M while SI is P2M(gray market).
    maintenance - SI, daming casa ng Honda dyan
    fuel consumption - WRX would be a gazzler coz of the turbo. heard that SI has a really descent consumption.

to me....i like WRX for its power and AWD, but SI has better interior.
    looks is just the same though they differ.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    wrx ako with kung phil prices (1.7 vs 2.1) pero kahit sa states id get the wrx iba ang turbo + awd.

rally car vs. track car...

nga pala, ung new wrx may central diff loc na may manual over-ride(you can shift the power to either front or rear wheels!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    rally car vs. track car...

nga pala, ung new wrx may central diff loc na may manual over-ride(you can shift the power to either front or rear wheels!
    Only a percentage. I think it's a maximum of 60% rear bias (I think... not owning a WRX, I can't be sure).

-----

The Si has the edge in looks, comfort, fuel economy and refinement... the WRX has the edge in raw power, speed and grip. While the Civic suffers the vagaries of electric steering, the WRX doesn't have the best handling amongst road-going rally rockets, either, unless it has the SI-Drive variable center differential, which I'm not sure is available on our entry level WRXs.

My answer? Give me a Miata hardtop, any day. It's slower than either car, but you can have fun in it at much slower speeds.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Only a percentage. I think it's a maximum of 60% rear bias (I think... not owning a WRX, I can't be sure).
    WRX's doesn't have DCCD. Only the STi
    -----

The Si has the edge in looks, comfort, fuel economy and refinement... the WRX has the edge in raw power, speed and grip. While the Civic suffers the vagaries of electric steering, the WRX doesn't have the best handling amongst road-going rally rockets, either, unless it has the SI-Drive variable center differential, which I'm not sure is available on our entry level WRXs.
    SI-Drive - Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-DRIVE ) enables three distinctively different modes of vehicle performance characteristics by regulating the engine control unit (ECU), the automatic transmission control unit (if equipped), and by fine-tuning the electronically controlled throttle. Operated by the driver from a rotary dial mounted on the center console, this three-mode performance management system controls engine variables to deliver a range of acceleration characteristics. SI-DRIVE is like having three engines in one. So it's an engine mangement system not DCCD.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    It's still split * 50/50. And nope it doesn't have DCCD. Only the STi has DCCD (driver controlled center diff).

My cousin has an 06 WRX and it's far way better than his previously wrecked RSX-S which we all know has the same engine as the 06 Si (except for electronic throttle and some stuff). I'd take the looks of the Si over the Rex but bang for the buck performance i would take the Rex over the Si anyday.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *HyBrideVo

nice avatar!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Subaru WRX VS Honda Civic SI Coup