New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I've driven an STI and have seen the performance of the new V6 Camry. I've never driven nor ridden in a BMW 320 4-dr. If I was single, living with the STi is more than acceptable. If I had a family or just the wife, the STi's out of contention.

The BMW 320 has the prestige of being a BMW. But, if I was going to get a BMW, I'd at least settle for a model that has excellent performance to go with its prestige. The BMW 320?.......nah. I'd have to go with a higher number.

The 07 Camry V6? It doesn't have the performance of the STi, not even close. But, it'll smoke that BMW 320 plus it has plenty of room and storage. The build quality isn't exactly bad either. I'm a practical person with no interest in prestige. Camry V6 for me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A 320d would be nice... if they would finally start selling it here. Decent speed (compared to the 320i), great fuel economy, decent handling... *sigh*

Amongst the three, though, I'd have to say that the more exciting a car is, the more cash you should be willing to shell out in maintenance...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    camry ako....

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I've read in a broadsheet a few months ago that BMW phils will sell the 320d and 1-series diesel (not sure which model).

but probably 330d's price would be so near to 530d that the latter is more practical to get.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I dont think I can afford a 320D. 1.7-2.3M lang budget. Maganda ba service ng Subaru dealer? Baka parang Auto Prominence yan? Problema lang sa BMW medyo sirain. Dami akong nakikitang almost brand new E90 being sold in the market..bakit kaya? also had numerous accounts of horror stories from E46 and X5 owners regarding their cars. Pangit din daw service ng Prestige cars nowadays.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    once again Camry 3.5Q, panalo ka sa reliability at power. looks good too at bagong bago. daddy lang nga labas mo which isnt exactly a bad thing..sarap kaya maging 'sugar' daddy :naughty2:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Either Camry 3.5 or sa Subaru.

In the design aspect, the E90 3-series sucks ass in my book. The E46 was indeed better. 1-series is okay pero patay ka sobra sa rear legroom (lalo na kung 6-footer ka).

A better candidate from BMW would be 535d pero hindi ata offered dito sa Pinas (tama ba?). Iyan talaga kasi ang full power ng BMW diesel engine eh.

That's what I think anyways

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Camry for me. V6 3.5 all the way. If you're concerned about service (and it looks like you are) you cant go wrong with Toyota. The Camry has the best blend of price and performance in its price range. It cant be beat in terms of luxury and practicality. While I love fast cars myself, I've never had a chance to really make hataw my 530d ever since I got it. Too much traffic in Metro Manila... stop light drag racing lang pwede. And the everyday drivability of the Camry would beat the heavy clutch, manual shifting of the Sti. And besides, they've come out with a totally new body/model for the WRX and STi overseas already. Should be coming to our shores next year. The Camry and BMW are current models.

When its time to upgrade my company car, Im getting the Camry.
    Hows the reliability of your BMW car? Have you ever experienced electrical problems? I used to own an E36 320i and its just too much hassle to be going back and forth for repairs. I wonder if the new generation 2007 BMWs are reliable already?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LEB View Post
    Hows the reliability of your BMW car? Have you ever experienced electrical problems? I used to own an E36 320i and its just too much hassle to be going back and forth for repairs. I wonder if the new generation 2007 BMWs are reliable already?
    BMW for me as long as well-maintained (on time preventive maintenance) is bullet-proof. My e46 back then walang naging problema except of course sa mga wear and tear sa mga parts like yung control arms and bushings usually in other countries mga 50,000kms pa ang palit pero dito mga 30,000kms lang kailangan ng palitan, well its the e46 weak point. Because na din sa bad road conditions natin. And mind you it would cost the control arms and bushing PHP35,000 including labor if done sa casa. Its reliable though pag may nasira it would cost you an arm and a leg.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LEB View Post
    Which do you recommend? Its quite hard to decide as I like Camry for the size and comfort, BMW for prestige and design and Subaru for its uniqueness and raw power.
    Looks like you need to get all 3 cars for their qualities ;)

I'd choose the Camry. I'm a horizontally-challenged/heavy guy who's happy with 277 hp on tap all in a luxurious package, despite the auto tranny and the heavy car body.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subaru WRX/STI or BMW 320 or Camry 3.5Q