New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I am looking to buy a sporty compact sedan or hatchback as an alternate car with the following considerations:

* budget of around P1.2 million (give or take a hundred thousand)
    * will be used mainly for home-office commute but car should be fun to drive for the occasional out-of-town trips
    * space or the lack of it is not an issue as I have an SUV for hauling duties
    * should be a newly released model as I will keep the car for 5 years

On top of my list are the Subaru Impreza 2.0 i-Sport and the Ford Focus 2.0 Sport. I may consider other models but I don't want to go over far beyond my budget.

Your thoughts please.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Both cars drive fantastically, but the Focus has a better transmission and is more loaded and more value for your money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The current Subaru Impreza 2.0 (non-turbo) felt underwhelming to me in the acceleration portion of performance. The previous model felt better. Otherwise, it rides and handles well enough.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    As far as looks goes, I like the impreza better. But the focus seems to be the one of better value for money since it has more bells and whistles.

Both cars have little resale value in 5 years since they have 2 liter engines. Not that resale is a factor in your list though.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    subaru ka na.. iba ang dating mo pag naka subaru ka.. kasi hindi yan common mas sporty tingnan ang subaru..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    test drive both cars...its not about porma/sporty..consider also your safety while inside the cabin.hehe