New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Forester.

The ride can be remedied in the future. But you cannot do anything about the size if you find it cramped in the long run.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Forester.

The ride can be remedied in the future. But you cannot do anything about the size if you find it cramped in the long run.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Only turnoff for the xv is the headroom

3. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    bigger the better. mas maganda ang stance ng forester compared sa xv.. tsaka certified by "dogs"yan xv eh.. hindi ka naman dog..
    Sorry, what do you mean by "dogs"?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    All you're getting extra with the Fozzie is cargo space and somewhat better flood wading and off-road capability. Up to you whether that's worth spending extra on the car and some more extra past that to fix the ride.
    Thank you for your well-detailed post Sir Niky. Based on your inputs, are you suggesting that I'm better off w/ choosing the XV over the Forester?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by koji kabuto View Post
    Forester.

Forester.

Any suggestion on possible remedies to make the ride less bumpy? The space and size is undoubtedly comfortable.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Only turnoff for the xv is the headroom
    While I agree in you on that part, compared to the ASX (which I also checked) the XV's headroom is still acceptable. Though coming from a sub-compact sedan user I may be overappreciating.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilder View Post
    yung mga tv commercials ng XV laging may dogs. One is with ceasar milan da dog whisperer.. tapos yung isa mga dogs din na nag hahalikan sa loob ng xv

yung mga tv commercials ng XV laging may dogs. One is with ceasar milan da dog whisperer.. tapos yung isa mga dogs din na nag hahalikan sa loob ng xv

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    The XV's the carrier vehicle for asia's top model's current season if you want to look at it another way haha

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Thank you for your well-detailed post Sir Niky. Based on your inputs, are you suggesting that I'm better off w/ choosing the XV over the Forester?
    It's your choice. I can't say (well, none of us here can) what will work for you and what the limits of your budget are. ;)

It's your choice. I can't say (well, none of us here can) what will work for you and what the limits of your budget are. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    My mom uses an XV 2.0i as her daily car. When I was choosing between it and the base Forester, I ultimately decided to go with the former for the following reasons:

1. (Subjective) - The Forester's front-end design really takes some getting used to. It's been 2 years and I still can't warm up to it every time I see one on the road. The XV, despite being very common here in Davao, still manages to draw some attention from passersby.

2. My mom will be driving it occasionally, so the XV's smaller size was actually a plus. I always tell every one who asks me about it that if it's going to be your only car, better shell out the extra 100k and get the base Forester because cargo space is really limited.

On a side note, I read in TGPH that both the 2.0i and premium models have a 100k discount for cash buyers. Anybody here knows if they're coming out with a facelift?

My mom uses an XV 2.0i as her daily car. When I was choosing between it and the base Forester, I ultimately decided to go with the former for the following reasons:

1. (Subjective) - The Forester's front-end design really takes some getting used to. It's been 2 years and I still can't warm up to it every time I see one on the road. The XV, despite being very common here in Davao, still manages to draw some attention from passersby.

2. My mom will be driving it occasionally, so the XV's smaller size was actually a plus. I always tell every one who asks me about it that if it's going to be your only car, better shell out the extra 100k and get the base Forester because cargo space is really limited.

On a side note, I read in TGPH that both the 2.0i and premium models have a 100k discount for cash buyers. Anybody here knows if they're coming out with a facelift?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123