New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

I am considering to change my Ford Escape into either of these two, can you please help me decide, please post pros and cons of the two. I'm a Family man with 2 kids (5 and 2 yo), so thinking if I really need 7 seater Montero ? or just 5 seater Forester? Looks, I like both, just don't know the ride, who is fun to drive? Price is almost the same, how about service and parts? Resale value? It is just a short Pque-Alabang daily driver with almost weekly ride to Tagaytay...

Regards,
    Charles

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    my vote goes to montero

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah Montero na lang ako kapag 2.0 Forester ang pinaguusapan pero kung yung 2.5 XT Forester ako!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Forester is a better car. More refinement, better handling, better ride, better active safety, better crash safety (though amongst ladder-frame SUVs like the Everest and Fortuner, the Montero is currently top of the heap in this regard) and etcetera.

Buuuuuut. The 2.0 comes with the old 4-speed automatic. In the Impreza 2.0R, it's already sluggish. In the old Legacy 2.0R, it was absolutely anemic. In the Forester?...

Not to say the 2.5 Montero is a quick car... they likely have the same 0-100 km/h times (Montero may be slightly slower)... but the extra torque from the turbo makes up for the lack in overall grunt... and consumption by the diesel should be more palatable.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Forester is a better car. More refinement, better handling, better ride, better active safety, better crash safety (though amongst ladder-frame SUVs like the Everest and Fortuner, the Montero is currently top of the heap in this regard) and etcetera.

Buuuuuut. The 2.0 comes with the old 4-speed automatic. In the Impreza 2.0R, it's already sluggish. In the old Legacy 2.0R, it was absolutely anemic. In the Forester?...

Not to say the 2.5 Montero is a quick car... they likely have the same 0-100 km/h times (Montero may be slightly slower)... but the extra torque from the turbo makes up for the lack in overall grunt... and consumption by the diesel should be more palatable.
    Agree... overall rate would be a + for the forester...pero dapat parehong 2.5 para fair!

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Since you are a family man, you might want to prioritize ride comfort, ease of ingress/egress and interior space so the Forester, IMO, wins in these areas.

Montero is a good vehicle but it doesn't seem to match you lifestyle at the moment (i think). :D

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Montero Sport nalang dong.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    IMO, the Montero downside is STILL Customer Service. My vote goes to the Forester 2.0 IF you're willing to do minor mods.

Pero since 2-3 vehicles lang naman ang choice mo, I suggest you test drive all 3. Hulihin mo lang yung FXT dahil kung unahin mo yun, malamang di mo na i test drive yung iba.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I lost my Toyota Fortuner 2.7 VVTi to Typhoon Ondoy. So I went around shopping for a replacement SUV. The contenders: 2010 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS 4x2, Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2.5 GLS 4x2, 2010 Honda CR-V 2.0 S, and Subaru Forester 2.0x 4x4.

After several weeks of study, going to the dealers and getting inputs from various sources such as tsikot.com, motioncars.com, topgear.com.ph, and autoindustriya.com, I decided to get the Forester 2.0x.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    well good luck with that kung masiraan ka sa province at yan lang dala mo sasakyan magbubus ka pauwi...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subaru Forester 2.0 vs Montero Sport 2.5 GLS 4x2