New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Kung Forester Diesel.. lalakas kaya benta dito.. and assuming medyo malapit presyo sa 2.0...

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/510...view-australia

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    Kung Forester Diesel.. lalakas kaya benta dito.. and assuming medyo malapit presyo sa 2.0...

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/510...view-australia
    i'd still buy the gas version simply because if i'm going to buy an XT, i'm buying it because of it's performance. the gas version has a lot of mods available than the diesel version of the XT. and i'm pretty sure more than half of the people who buys the XT has done some performance upgrade for their car.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Up ko lang ito.

Posting for a lady colleague of mine who is considering the 2 options.

Here's the story: She likes the amenities of the Sta Fe but her husband does not think Hyundai is worth the money and instead prefer the Subaru.

What's your 2 cents worth of advice?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Up ko lang ito.

Here's the story: She likes the amenities of the Sta Fe but her husband does not think Hyundai is worth the money and instead prefer the Subaru.

-- hyundai is worth the money specially if sta.fe crdi. But for speed needs, Forester XT IMO. Gas pa rin sa speed eh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    please be specific whether it's an XT or just the X for the forester. kasi if X lang, then i think you're only looking to have something that would give you a smooth ride from point A to B with decent features. and with that in mind, the santa fe would be your best choice for it's economical and practical. we have to admit, its 7 seat and crdi is a big help to trump over the forester.

but! if you're into the XT, then you're probably craving for FUN and need for speed (hindi yung game ha ) for your every drive

personally, XT rin for me. but with recent gas prices rising up to 50+, it's up to you if you want to save or enjoy. but nevertheless, rest assured that the crdi santa fe still packs a punch in terms of power. it's just that most people enjoy the power and the uniqueness of the XT
    Last edited by Burai; January 29th, 2011 at 01:28 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Up ko lang ito.

hyundai is worth it. let her husband test drive the sta fe and i'm sure he'll change his mind. my uncle also thought that the sta fe wasn't worth it because it's a hyundai and he was buying a fortuner instead, but when i brought him to hyundai last week to test drive the sta fe he changed his mind and now waiting for his sta fe.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Santa Fe can run circles around the Forester 2.0X. It is much, much more powerful and also more spacious, comfortable and frugal, not to mention having more toys. And if she mentions that this can keep up with, or if appropriately modified outgun, a Forester 2.5XT... :devil: Bibili kaagad yan!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Santa Fe can run circles around the Forester 2.0X. It is much, much more powerful and also more spacious, comfortable and frugal, not to mention having more toys. And if she mentions that this can keep up with, or if appropriately modified outgun, a Forester 2.5XT... :devil: Bibili kaagad yan!
    I agree with you on your first statement.. Pero kung heavily modded din ang fxt baka maiwanan ang SF...

Regarding dun sa worth it ba ang korean ngayon.. well worth it... Mas practical ang Sante Fe...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    I agree with you on your first statement.. Pero kung heavily modded din ang fxt baka maiwanan ang SF...

Regarding dun sa worth it ba ang korean ngayon.. well worth it... Mas practical ang Sante Fe...
    well even if it can "outgun" the fxt it won't out handle it which makes a car more fun to drive.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    if its the FXT we're talking about, and your friend don't need the occassional 7seats and don't mind the gasoline consumption then FXT na. esp. for 0-100KPH acceleration, the FXT will almost leave everyone in the dust (except for the Porsche Cayenne siguro) hehe.

but then again, these vehicles aren't really about 0-100 acceleration.

for practicality sake, the Santa Fe wins hands down....the Subaru will have much better handling though.

but in the end, if the choice is really just about the Normally aspirated Forester....then i'd go with the Sta Fe, the pulling power of modern CRDi's is just too intoxicating to resist.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subaru Forester 2.0 or Sta Fe 2.2 Diesel?