New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hi fellow car lovers,

Planning to buy a new car this week and need your input on this two cars. Which do you think is the better buy, in terms of durability, fuel consumption, Interior space and riding comfort, I plan to keep this car for at least 5 or more years. Love the subaru but am afraid of the availability of parts since there is only one distributor and I don't know if the parts are available from our friendly banawe store. As for the toyota i don't think that will be a problem. Help. TIA

Josh

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The rav's overpriced, imagine it's being priced at 1.4 million.
    Well yeah, you wont have any problems when you have a toyota, the parts availability, the PMS cost etc etc.

As for the subaru, well yeah, in after 5 years or so, MAYBE the parts wont be that available. But I tell you, it's a nice car after all. FC? Not sure about it.

If you're just looking for a 5 seater then the forester or the CRV is a good buy.

7 seater? It's either the santa fe or the montero sport o teka :offtopic: na ko....

SUBARU FORESTER.... wag ka na tumingin pa ng iba..di ka magsisi dun...lalo na kung cSUV hanap mo..

well, pwede na din ang xtrail--250x na xtrail cost about the same as the forester 2.0, both are very capable offroaders than the hyped-cSUVs in the market...mas magaganda pang mga cSUV na yan than the hyped-RAV4 and CRV.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Isa pa rin talaga malaking problem ng Subaru. Isa lang CASA nila. Kaya ako ayaw ko pa rin, maybe if they expand I will consider it...

un lang talaga.. hmm paano kaya magpa-open ng dealership franchise

kung dealership is a prob, xtrail is a better cSUV next to forester

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    between your choices, Subaru siempre. But the Forester I want is the boxer diesel whc unfortunately isn't for sale here yet.

pero personally, I'd wait for the 2010 KIA Sorento XM coming out this year (july or august ata). Like the upcoming 2010 Santa Fe, it comes with a 2.2L 200hp 436Nm CRDI EVGT engine mated to a 6-speed auto with manual mode. Seven seater pa.

You can also take a look at Montero Sport GLS SE 4x4 3.2 if you don't trust Koreans.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tipong gas fed ang gusto ng TS. subaru for me. even mag sedan ako in the future- will go for subaru

at least may casa dito so depende na sa ingat kung magiging madalas ka dun

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    THINK FEEL DRIVE.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    in your case the price offset won't be an issue here, get the rav4 more peace of mind to you the price offset of 100k you will regain it after 5 years when you're selling it...both are cbu from japan but practicality favor to rav4 (bigger engine but fc is comparable) if you just keep it for 5 years....goodluck bro...
    Last edited by saipeme; June 24th, 2009 at 04:10 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh888 View Post
    Hi fellow car lovers,

Planning to buy a new car this week and need your input on this two cars. Which do you think is the better buy, in terms of durability, fuel consumption, Interior space and riding comfort, I plan to keep this car for at least 5 or more years. Love the subaru but am afraid of the availability of parts since there is only one distributor and I don't know if the parts are available from our friendly banawe store. As for the toyota i don't think that will be a problem. Help. TIA

Josh

Durability=Slight Forester Edge
    FC=tie
    Interior Space=Not sure but possibly slight RAV4 Edge
    Riding Comfort=Slight Forester Edge

Subaru parts are NOT usually available in banawe but they ARE available. Meaning, kung replacement parts ang hanap mo, wala.

Pero sa akin hindi disadvantage yun kasi it also means hindi kasing nakawin ang parts ko.

Yun nga lang, ang RAV walang AWD (for 1.4 Mil!?), walang big-a$$ sun roof, at AFAIK walang 6 airbags. I guess you just have to weigh which are more important to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
subaru Forester 2.0 2009 or Rav 4 4x2 2009