New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For strada, under powered ba ang 2.5L 4x4? baka this is the same with pajero na 2.5L 4x4....kulang sa power.....thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by downshifter View Post
    For strada, under powered ba ang 2.5L 4x4? baka this is the same with pajero na 2.5L 4x4....kulang sa power.....thanks
    for our club members who own 2.5L 4x4 they are not complaining. It's not comparable to the pajero because iba rin ang turbo component ninya although they share the same engine.

please visit the New Mitsubishi Strada thread to view comments on the vehicle you have in mind.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    okay. Im just worried baka 2.5L na 4x2 has more power than 2.5L na 4x4 due to power to weight ratio tapos they have same engine....If 4x4 is not a consideration, is it advisable to get instead the 4x2 2.5L na lng?

more inputs pls....

thanks

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    okay. Im just worried baka 2.5L na 4x2 has more power than 2.5L na 4x4 due to power to weight ratio tapos they have same engine....If 4x4 is not a consideration, is it advisable to get instead the 4x2 2.5L na lng?
    more inputs pls....

thanks
    *downshifter... hi there. it is still advisable to purchase a Strada 2.5 GLS- only available in Manual Transmission. The Automatic Transmission Variant was deleted to avoid redundancy with the 3.2 GLS Sport Automatic. the 2.5 GLX 4x4 has been discontinued to make way for the 4x2 variants.

Just when i thought the Gen 2 (1999-2006) Strada 2.5 4x4 T/C I/C was good enough, what more for the latest version! I test drove this particular model several times and i'm still impressed with its power delivery since i drove it around for doing errands driving up/down the hills of Baguio City! what i liked about it is the torque rating at 314nm - (it may not be much compared to the 3.0 Hilux- which is aimed at the Strada 3.2) but definitely MORE than the Global D-Max 4x2 or 4x4 at 294nm! Admittingly, the 4x2 Strada with the same engine has a better power/weight ratio and even a better payload rating! But i'm still satisfied with the performance of a 2.5 GLS 4x4 M/T.

in conclusion, the Strada 2.5 GLS 4x4 is still very capable.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    hello sir downshifter!!!

strada 2.5L enough... we own one and I don't have any complains regarding to its power... 160kph is no sweat...

strada 2.5 4x2 is good enough if your driving in cities and places that won't require more traction... 2.5 engine is not underpowered vs. its weight...

strada 3.2L is better for some added features and to satisfy you if your not contented with a 2.5L engine...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3.2L... you can never ever have enough power - but that's just me.

Seriously, the new 2.5L engine found in the Strada is enough for it.

bigbigcar.com Review: Mercedes-Benz C200 Kompressor Avantgarde

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thanks guys. Since I dont need the 4x4 feature and I wont be traveling to very rough roads (mostly sa mga lubak lubak lng sa expressway or sa manila), Im planning to get the 2.5 GLX na lang. IN this case i think, power to weight ratio will be a great help to me since city traveling lang or kung may province man, not into really tough road conditions.....but my prob is it dont have fenders and wheel diameter size is very thin...do you recommend changing wheels to 265/70 R16 without any power degredation or problems? Im planning also to install fenders...will cost be okay? 2.5GLX is P888 plus additional cost for fenders and changing tires...while 2.5GLS is 1.1M all in...except still has 245/70 tires.....medyo akward kasi manipis masyado....

thanks

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    thanks guys. Since I dont need the 4x4 feature and I wont be traveling to very rough roads (mostly sa mga lubak lubak lng sa expressway or sa manila), Im planning to get the 2.5 GLX na lang. IN this case i think, power to weight ratio will be a great help to me since city traveling lang or kung may province man, not into really tough road conditions.....but my prob is it dont have fenders and wheel diameter size is very thin...do you recommend changing wheels to 265/70 R16 without any power degredation or problems? Im planning also to install fenders...will cost be okay? 2.5GLX is P888 plus additional cost for fenders and changing tires...while 2.5GLS is 1.1M all in...except still has 245/70 tires.....medyo akward kasi manipis masyado....

thanks

sir aftermarket fender flares OEM color is only P7K, tires from 265/75/16 P5000 to 265/70/16 P5900 to ATRs P6000. if you want AT tires, maybe P9500 for mikeys.

hope this helps.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    the fender flares is 7K set? or 1pc?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    the fender flares is 7K set? or 1pc?
    set na po yun. if you want body colored, mga P8500 set din.

yung tires i posted are of course per piece. if you have time, we have mini-eb tonight at chops bbq at ortigas home depot 8pm. you can talk with strada owners and learn more about the truck you want.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Strada, which variant? 2.5L or 3.2L?