New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    Kahit sabihin natin na same engine ang ranger sa everest. For me the cars are still different from each other. It's like comparing an Orange to a Ponkan.

So kung ang Ranger mo matibay, it doesn't mean na yung mga Everest din ay matibay.

Also, the Interior of both the 1st gen Ranger and 1st gen Everest are bare and masikip, pam-pickup talaga nung 90's.
    The ranger and the everest share the same engine, same suspension, same transmission, same electronics.

same with the strada/monterosport and the hilux/fortuner.

old skool ba kamo? the pajero FM has an interior and a body, and an engine from the 90s.

hmmm. Comparing the fortuner, everest and the monterosport, I've always found the 2nd row of the everest to be the most spacious.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    everest...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Fortuner. Kasi pinakasikat pati pinakarefined sa tatlo.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    malakas lumaklak diesel ang FM

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nujbc11111 View Post
    malakas lumaklak diesel ang FM
    That's correct. Malaki lang talaga fuel tank ng FM kaya parang ambagal bumaba ng fuel. Pero I computed na 6-7km/L lang ang FM City driving. Pag highway 8km/L na pinaka tipid.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    the 2.5 liter fortuner is underpowered, leading to horrible consumption.

the 3.0 has a full time 4x4 system. not good for fuel economy. but it has those marvelous captains chairs in the mid row.

I'm not even going to say anything about the 2.7 liter gasoline model.

The fortuner is also cramped inside, contrary to how huge it looks from the outside.

personally, if you really want a toyota IMV vehicle for ride comfort, space, and fuel efficiency, take the innova rather than the 2.5G fortuner.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    the 3.0 has a full time 4x4 system. not good for fuel economy. but it has those marvelous captains chairs in the mid row.
    Fortuner 3.0 model does not have full time four wheel drive system.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Fortuner 3.0 model does not have full time four wheel drive system.
    from the toyota website, fortuner specs:
    Drivetrain Full-time 4x4 Shift-on-the-Fly
    it's a borgwarner full time 4x4 system.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    I'm not even going to say anything about the 2.7 liter gasoline model
    The 2.7L VVT-i model is almost bulletproof, and for the engine displacement fuel consumption is quite commendable.

The fortuner is also cramped inside, contrary to how huge it looks from the outside.
    I find the interior of the Fortuner fine, the Montero's 2nd row seems more cramped. The Everest though is the clear winner.

The Fortuner V doesn't have captain chairs in the 2nd row, I guess you have it mistaken for the Innova V.

personally, if you really want a toyota IMV vehicle for ride comfort, space, and fuel efficiency, take the innova rather than the 2.5G fortuner.
    I totally agree with you on this. The Innova 2.5 is arguably the most practical vehicle you can buy today so long as you don't run into any issues with the engine.

Given these three vehicles though, I would go with an Everest. The Pajero, no matter how tough it is, is too pricey for its age.
    Last edited by noobskie; March 20th, 2011 at 09:51 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    from the toyota website, fortuner specs:

it's a borgwarner full time 4x4 system.
    So it's the same maker with what Ford use in their EVEREST/RANGER 4x4's? Great!

EVEREST is the Clear winner here. Even if you compare the WL-T and 4M40, The EVEREST clearly wins in the power department, economy, and reliability -that, i can attest.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Strada to Pajero or Everest or Fortuner