New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd still don't fathom why the need to keep the Sta. Fe. Given na medyo hirap ang business nila ngayon and they can manage with one vehicle, the first to go should be the luxuries and it's good to sell it while they have time to get a good price, unlike pag gipit na talaga and one will be forced to sell it cheap.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Actually, we can manage a luxury like Santa Fe... alone. Pero ayun, medyo naghirap negosyo, hindi pa namin hahayaang kami'y bumagsak. In addition, we can't afford to have a brand new car, kahapon lang, may brand new Santa Fe kapitbahay namin, tapos yung manliligaw sa kaharap nila, hala, tinamaan sa harapan yung Santa Fe niya. By the way, that owner of the brand new Santa Fe was the previous owner of our current Santa Fe. Gustong gusto pa daw niya yung lumang Santa Fe, mahina daw hatak ng bagong Santa Fe? Not saying na ganun mangyayari kapag brand new (knock on wood), I mean madali kang masasaktan, habang sa secondhand, wala lang.

Going back, alisin na namin muna siguro ang Santa Fe at Picanto and stick (again) with our Crosswind, tutal malaki rin natipid namin the past 8 years, di namin talaga siguro kaya ng luxury. Kung sakali umayos negosyo, kukuha nalang kami siguro ng van. I've ridden in a Hiace Commuter, 17 kami, all I can say is bouncy, lalo na kapag mabilis takbo, but isn't it underpowered? Starex, Grand Starex, no experience, pero sabi, maganda daw ang ride.

Maraming salamat ulit po sa inyong mga reply.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytherr View Post
    Going back, alisin na namin muna siguro ang Santa Fe at Picanto and stick (again) with our Crosswind, tutal malaki rin natipid namin the past 8 years, di namin talaga siguro kaya ng luxury. Kung sakali umayos negosyo, kukuha nalang kami siguro ng van.
    Tiis lang and when the business improves, you can always get another vehicle again. Depreciating asset yan so there's not much sense in holding on to too many cars given the circumstances.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Too many cars + Depreciating asset = Vicious cycle

Hapless victim here .... :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

Too many cars + Depreciating asset = Vicious cycle

Hapless victim here .... :D
    My dad an myself were likewise in this trap many years ago as we enjoyed buying second hands and working them up. Since my work and family time began to take more priority, and my dad passed on, i've began to appreciate brand new cars and less maintenance overheads (at least in this point where i can only afford to be practical).

It was a PITA having 6 cars in the garage and the car i had to use was parked in the deepest (our garage could fit in vehicles in a 3 rows x 2 columns layout). It's interesting how we could make a car jockeying puzzle in our motorcourt.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    sell the sante fe and the picanto...

then get a grand starex...

pwedeng pang bus. pwede din pang family....

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Kung ako sayo benta nalang Crosswind and Picanto and palitan ng brand new Adventure.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

It was a PITA having 6 cars in the garage and the car i had to use was parked in the deepest (our garage could fit in vehicles in a 3 rows x 2 columns layout). It's interesting how we could make a car jockeying puzzle in our motorcourt.
    Wow yaming dami car. Hehehe

Kami we have 3 cars. Yung dalawa pakotse lang sa amin nang company.

Isa sa akin, isa din sa wife ko. We have na amin talaga kaso lakas sa gasolina kaya balak namin benta at palit nang mas mura at maliit lang kaya nga balak ko bumili nang toyota yaris pamalit.

Gamit pagsundo at hatid nang anak ko.
    Last edited by CLAVEL3699; December 31st, 2013 at 11:07 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    Wow yaming dami car. Hehehe

Kami we have 3 cars. Yung dalawa pakotse lang sa amin nang company.

Isa sa akin, isa din sa wife ko. We have na amin talaga kaso lakas sa gasolina kaya balak namin benta at palit nang mas mura at maliit lang kaya nga balak ko bumili nang toyota yaris pamalit.

Gamit pagsundo at hatid nang anak ko.
    LOL. That was many years ago, in a galaxy far-far away... And the combined value of those cars were not much either since all, save for my pickup, were secomd hand. Naging hilig lang at hobby to buy good deals then fix them up... Then sell to our friends (lugi pa kami given the time and money we spent).... But that was our dad-son bonding... And i know i will never have a career as a buy and sell.

Now i have three cars in the same garage, one is a company car plan, the other is fully owned, and the last is a 20 year old war car that was just passed on.
    Last edited by vinj; December 31st, 2013 at 11:57 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    My dad an myself were likewise in this trap many years ago as we enjoyed buying second hands and working them up. Since my work and family time began to take more priority, and my dad passed on, i've began to appreciate brand new cars and less maintenance overheads (at least in this point where i can only afford to be practical).

hah! i know exactly what you mean! in my younger takaw-tingin days, i had 4 (used) cars in our long and narrow garage-driveway, with plants on either side. and i dreaded the weekends.. no fun cleaning four cars.. daniel-san, you don't know the true meaning of "wax on, wax off"!
    and my colleagues would wonder how come i back up so easily..
    karera tayo nang pa-atras! at night! back-up lights only!
    heh heh.

and if i were the threadstarter, i'd sell the sta fe and get a fortuner diesel or innova diesel.
    i'd keep the crosswind.
    and i'd sell the picanto.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 31st, 2013 at 12:36 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast