New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    'gandang tanghali mga katsikot

We need words of advice, we currently own a '09 Santa Fe for family use, a '03 Crosswind XTRM and '05 Picanto LX for business use (pang-deliver). So recently naghihirap din ang negosyo, at nahihirapan na kaming magmaintain ng tatlong sasakyan. Hindi naman madalas gamitin ang Crosswind at Picanto in a working week, let's say an average of 2 times in Monday - Friday. Yun nga lang, malayuhan ang tinatakbo, so parang ginagamit ng araw-araw. Yung Santa Fe naman sa weekends lang nagagamit.

My father made a decision to replace our cars, nakuha naming mura ang '09 Santa Fe, yun nga lang it's more than 88,000+ km on the odo, which I think is high for this car. On the other hand, matagal nang sa amin yung '03 Crosswind XTRM, nung 2005 pa namin nakuha, which was at 55,000+ km on the odo nun (pagod), which is now at 125,000+ km on the odo. Yung '05 Picanto naman, I haven't seen at what was on the odo when we got it, because mainly our co-worker uses it, but now it is at 128,000+ km on the odo, which I think is very high na.

He thought of dropping the third car, kasi baka umalis na din co-worker namin, which was the Picanto and just stick to two nalang, have the '09 Santa Fe replaced by a good-looking '10 Santa Fe din, which I think is just a waste of money, kasi ganun din naman, iba lang itsura, and the Crosswind XTRM replaced by perhaps a Crosswind XT or XTO.

Decision ko naman yung mag isang sasakyan nalang, para isa nalang ang imemaintain namin, yun nga lang, walang alternatibo kung sakaling masirahan (knock on wood). I've suggested him of just getting a van, again to mention, nag-dedeliver kami ng gamot sa mga botika (mga kahon), which I think is light naman, hindi naman ganun karami at "ka-hardcore" gaya ng kailangan pa namin ng truck. Madalas rin kami lumibot kasama ang mga pinsan, na nasisikipan kami at natatamaan na ang ulo ko sa third row ng Santa Fe namin , pero most of the time kami lang lima ng pamilya.

So, what are your thoughts? I'm open for corrections on our decisions.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    From what I understand you're planning to replace perfectly good running condition cars with 2nd hand-maybe-running-well-I-don't-know cars.
    Even if you sell all 3 and buy 1 brand new car you're not exactly saving money there.
    But if were in your position I'd get something sturdy like an Adventure, Innova or a plain crosswind

IMHO lang

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Yes, they are in good condition but my father's decision was to sell them na because mataas na tinakbo, ibenta na habang maganda pa presyo nila.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    IMO, i don't have qualms with the mileage as long as it is properly maintained. Lalo na if secondhand din naman ipapalit. Keep the Santa Fe, let go of the Crosswind and Picanto and get an Adventure GLX SE, brand new.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    For me, keep the Sta. Fe, keep the Crosswind, and sell the Picanto.

As you are in need of the liquidity, slimming down the expenses (depreciation mostly) would be ideal. However, purchasing a brand-new car will be too extravagant for my taste seeing that naghihirap din ang negosyo.

My point here is that the Crosswind is still in good working condition. It's best to sell one of them and keep just one. Spend the money saved for additional maintenance expense instead.

Crosswind parts aren't hard to find anyway. Still more cost efficient to use an existing car than to buy one.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd agree with your thoughts to sell two and keep one. I'd sell the Sta. Fe and Picanto then keep the Crosswind as it can serve both family and business purposes. The cash generated will g help the business and as serve as savings and you can always buy another car once the business improves.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Keep the sta fe for family use and the crosswind for business. Sell the picanto since pang deliver pala sya and konti lang laman nun.

We used to have a hilander. Sulit sya and pwede mo ihiga ang 3rd and 2nd row seats kung magdeliver para marami malalaman. Matipid pa sa krudo.

Maigi rin na may backup vehicle kasi what will happen kung isa lang auto nyo and nasira, pano negosyo.

This will also address the problem pag marami kayo sakay and masikip sa sta fe, the crosswind can fit 7-8 people comfortably and even up to 10 ala fx style pag kailangan.

Kung gusto mo pumorma at may mga events na pupuntahan like kasal or may date ka you can still use the sta fe. Atleast versatile ka. May pang utility at may pang porma.

I dont really see how the picanto will fit in the equation lalo na sabi mo mawawala na yung employee nyo na gumagamit ng picanto. Plus its not really made for delivery.

My 2cents.

Rem

Sent from my LG-E435 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    Keep the sta fe for family use and the crosswind for business. Sell the picanto since pang deliver pala sya and konti lang laman nun.

We used to have a hilander. Sulit sya and pwede mo ihiga ang 3rd and 2nd row seats kung magdeliver para marami malalaman. Matipid pa sa krudo.

Maigi rin na may backup vehicle kasi what will happen kung isa lang auto nyo and nasira, pano negosyo. You need to have contingency plans especially i think reliant kayo sa sasakyan to do business.

This will also address the problem pag marami kayo sakay and masikip sa sta fe, the crosswind can fit 7-8 people comfortably and even up to 10 ala fx style pag kailangan.

Kung gusto mo pumorma at may mga events na pupuntahan like kasal or may date ka you can still use the sta fe. Atleast versatile ka. May pang utility at may pang porma.

I dont really see how the picanto will fit in the equation lalo na sabi mo mawawala na yung employee nyo na gumagamit ng picanto. Plus its not really made for delivery.

My 2cents.

Rem

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    If I were in your shoes, I would keep the Sta Fe and the Crosswind muna and get rid of the picanto.... Pero kapag hindi pa rin kaya after a few months and need pa rin mag trim down ng expense, ang matitira lang is yung Crosswind then wait ako makabagon ulit before I think of buying another one

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Maraming salamat po sa inyong mga reply. Actually, matagal na naming sasakyan yung Crosswind, medyo sumasakit na katawan namin sa tigas ng ride Ngayon lang kami nakatikim ng malambot na ride sa Santa Fe. How's for a van?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast