New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir niky,

FWD po ang MB100. That's why the rear floor is so low (there is no propeller shaft running underneath). A standard roof MB100 seems to even have more headroom that those bubble top Hi Ace Grandias. Getting into the MB100 cabin is just one step up unlike sa Starex/Hi ace na from the ground, may isang step pa before the actual cabin floor. Sa MB100, from the ground, sa cabin floor ka na agad. Yung front row ang ang may step because the engine and tranny are situated underneath.

It's easier to load things in the back also because of the low liftover.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    sir niky,

FWD po ang MB100. That's why the rear floor is so low (there is no propeller shaft running underneath). A standard roof MB100 seems to even have more headroom that those bubble top Hi Ace Grandias. Getting into the MB100 cabin is just one step up unlike sa Starex/Hi ace na from the ground, may isang step pa before the actual cabin floor. Sa MB100, from the ground, sa cabin floor ka na agad. Yung front row ang ang may step because the engine and tranny are situated underneath.

It's easier to load things in the back also because of the low liftover.
    Oh, okay. That kind of explains the floor.

Hey, if it's FWD, it would be safer on the highway than the L300.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Handling of the MB100 is very benign. And unlike our former L300 and Besta, I can back the MB100 up a wet driveway without those tire spinning antics.

Traction is good because there is always weight (engine and tranny) over the drive wheels.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd pick the starex over mb100...mb100 nasa ilalim ng upuan ung makina and safer ang starex pag front collision(really useful pag long driving, mabibilis sasakyan).

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    We have an MB 100 ambulance here at St. Lukes. Hirap sa akyatan at
    dumadamba accdg.to the drivers. Iba talaga ang RWD lalo't van.
    They have compared it very well to those of Urvan, Besta and the latest
    Toyota Super Grandia D4-D. We have 1 Strarex CRDi at ito ang pinaka-
    gusto nilang i-drive.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    For us, among the two, Starex na.

You've got to try driving, or even just riding them to decide.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero kung gagawin mo itong pang-negosyo like for hire? ano mas ok?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Handling of the MB100 is very benign. And unlike our former L300 and Besta, I can back the MB100 up a wet driveway without those tire spinning antics.

Traction is good because there is always weight (engine and tranny) over the drive wheels.
    Thanks for this observation. Ngayon ko lang naintindihan kung bakit minsan nahihirapan akong timplahin ang CRDI Starex pag loose gravel o sand ang surface at nasa first gear ako. I often end up spinning the rear wheels before I start moving... all the while I thought it was just because the Starex was very torquey and I was stepping on the throttle too much. Nun pala, dahil RWD ang Starex kaya hindi ganun kaganda ang traction ng rear wheels pag ako lang ang sakay.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    A bit OT: Kung may ipapalit ako sa MB100, I would take the MB Sprinter, also known as the Dodge Sprinter in the US. Diesel, RWD, true MB, and can seat 10 people.

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...500-page3.html

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xto View Post
    We have an MB 100 ambulance here at St. Lukes. Hirap sa akyatan at
    dumadamba accdg.to the drivers. Iba talaga ang RWD lalo't van.
    They have compared it very well to those of Urvan, Besta and the latest
    Toyota Super Grandia D4-D. We have 1 Strarex CRDi at ito ang pinaka-
    gusto nilang i-drive.
    Pinakita sa akin ni bulldog yung mga MB100 ng St. Lukes (may pictures pa ko sa loob, parang turista hehehe).

Hindi mo talaga maiaakyat ang MB100 unless sanay ka. It's not the engine is weak, iba lang talaga ang powerband niya and you need to maximize it. Kennon road is no problem kahit 15 pa ang sakay. Yun nga lang skill talaga. And dapat yung tach ang binabasa mo instead of playing it my ear (engine noise). Otherwise nenerboysin ka and you will back off the throttle because the engine always sounds like it's one minute away from exploding. The 2.9 engine makes roughly the same power as the Grandia D4d, iba lang talaga ang flow ng power niya.

i'd pick the starex over mb100...mb100 nasa ilalim ng upuan ung makina and safer ang starex pag front collision(really useful pag long driving, mabibilis sasakyan).
    This is a misconception. Wala sa ilalim ng upuan ang makina ng MB100. The MB100 is a FRONT ENGINE van (the engine is ahead of the front axle). The engine is just a bit set back (it ends between the front occupant's knees) and was disguised using an extra long dashboard, long front overhang, and extra large front doors. The MB100 also complies with European safety standards including a 40kph flat barrier crash test).

Of course, a Starex will still have more crush space.

The MB Sprinter is nice. I wouldn't mind driving that bus around. hehehe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Starex or MB100