New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi guys! I'm quite new here, i'm from bacolod but i worked abroad. please i need help which of the two am i gonna get? my wife prefers sportivo coz of the video, which would get the attention of our superhyper baby away from the front seat during long drives. But honestly, i like the everest 4x4 as it has better safety features, bigger, more powerful and in my tastes, better looking. my wife always brings a large entourage so we need at least a seven seater and a diesel for practicality as gas is getting more costly everyday. my dilemma would have been over if only ford had incorporated a video entertainment system with the everest as the baby has already gotten used to having a video on board, courtesy of our nissan exalta grandeur. So here i am asking you guys to help me decide what pros & cons these two vehicles have in terms of everything. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    id go for the everest, heard too many bad stories bout crosswinds. u could install an aftermarket videosystem in the everest. nextbase have fairly cheap players n lcds

how about crdi sorrento?or a montero sport?

pero from your choices...i'll choose with out a doubt the everest...

aside sa 12valve engine ito,mas maganda ito compare sa sportivo and advantage ang 4wd(kung 4x4 ang kukunin mo)..video is no prob...bami aftermarket dyan and fairly maganda din as to stock ng sportivo...

why not wait for new models to come..from nissan,toyotas?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Between your 2 choices, everest for me, madali lang magdagdag ng mga audio/video packages na yan, mas maganda ang ride at legroom ng everest compared sa crosswind....

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks for the quick reply guys...medyo lumiliwanag na ng konti paningin ko between the two with ur inputs about the aftermarket video. but how much do you think would i dig xtra from my pocket for that? i got quotes from isuzu at 1.1m fully accessorized sportivo against 1.315m of everest, just for the price difference...i need more valid reasons to convince my wife to go for everest.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    innova! as 5speed said,its easy to install AV package.50-100k,you're all set

1.1M is a lot...if you can spare 250K more you'll get this:

1. a more powerful and much refined ride on the everest.12valves vs 8 valves
    2. more power means di hirap ang engine so you'll be consuming less fuel
    3. 4wd...a necessity in our philippine roads....better to have than none when the need comes...
    4.a 7 inch wide LCD monitor/tv costs 10K, a nexbase portabe dvd/vcd/mp3 costs 5K, small una for the dvd(optional) 100...diversity antenna(optional for the tv) 2k=17.1K or dvd overhead monitor/tv/player from 15K to 50K..not including the device for letting the audio out on the stereo speakers(small amount nalang ito,e..)

if not convinced..sinu magddrive?test drive them both....pero tell you,dont limit yourselves to this two..madami pang iba.....free ang test-drives,ha..no buying obligation.

tsaka un nga,di sa kung anu man..browse nyu forums na ito..use the "search function" and look for crosswind/sportivo and everest threads dito...may mga owners nagpopost ng experiences nila..

ako test drive lang..kaya di ko alam in the long run and after sales nila...baka sinesales-talk kayu...iba kasi makabenta lang,di naman alam pinagsasabi nila..ni nga producto nila di alam,e...huling huli naman...

1.1M is no joke..financing mo pa..tapos, mild to full lemon pa..then in the end better pa JDM converts na fraction ng aquisition cost..nakakapanghinayang ng pera...

parang pangliligaw yan..karamihan dyan pag bumili ka na..taken forgranted ka na...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'll go with the Everest.

btw, there are 3 Everest variants. the base XLS 4x2 (1.025M) 4x2 Accent (1.075M) and 4x4 XLT (1.210M).

the only diff between the Accent and the XLT (aside from the 4wd) is ABS & some aesthetic features. and also, all Everest variants come with dual airbags.

IMO - if you don't REALLY need 4wd then opt for the cheaper 2wd variant. don't also flashed by the "fully accessorized" thingie. as alywaysyummy said, you can have it installed separately, casa prices for accessories aren't really that cheap.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    go with the everest bro.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thank you very much guys! you're brightening up my day! yep ur right alwaysyummy, there are numerous not so good feedbacks about the crosswind. and the sportivo is just another one in a slightly different clothes. i'll keep all ur comments in mind. gotta go now. trabaho muna tayo para dagdag sa budget pambili. thanks again guys! see u later!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Sportivo or Everest? [Merged]