New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Malamang, kung magcocompare ka, AT to AT. 1.298 ang Montero GLS Non-VGT AT. 1.158 ang Sportage EX Theta II.
    wala kasi sya sinabi anong variant. may M/T na sportage din di ba? yung less than 1M

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Oo mas matipid ang Montero pero hindi FC issues ang tawag kung 6km/L ang average nila.
    sorry sir. my bad yun lang point, yung mas matipid

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    wala kasi sya sinabi anong variant. may M/T na sportage din di ba? yung less than 1M
    It can be implied that what the TS was referring to was the 2.0 EX A/T. He did ask if the 150-200k difference of the Sportage vs. the Montero/Forester/XV is worth it.

Eh iisa lang naman ang Forester 2.0, 1.398M. Ganun din presyo ng XV 2.0i. 200k less than that is closer to the price of the Sportage EX (1.158M) than the Sportage LX (988k).

Also, if you compare the Sportage LX M/T vs the Montero GLS M/T, then that increases the price difference to 210k.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    It can be implied that what the TS was referring to was the 2.0 EX A/T. He did ask if the 150-200k difference of the Sportage vs. the Montero/Forester/XV is worth it.

Eh iisa lang naman ang Forester 2.0, 1.398M. Ganun din presyo ng XV 2.0i. 200k less than that is closer to the price of the Sportage EX (1.158M) than the Sportage LX (988k).

Also, if you compare the Sportage LX M/T vs the Montero GLS M/T, then that increases the price difference to 210k.
    sorry sir. hindi kasi ako ganun ka-familiar sa prices kaya nagtanong ako ba't 150k

Thanks for the quick response guys

I just want to clarify a few things.

First, I'm looking at the Sportage 2.0 (gas) with SRP 1.158M. The Montero is 1.3M (A/T, non VGT). The Subaru Forester and XV are both at 1.398 but dealer is offering discount on the Forester. 2 months waiting period for the XV.

Second, the reason why the 2 other brands cropped up is the concern about the reliability of Kia. Montero is being recommended by my mechanic because it's from Mitsubishi, availability of parts, diesel engine. 2 friends swear by the Subaru. They believe that in terms of reliability, Mitsubishi and Subaru trump Kia. (this is why I'm not considering the Kia diesel sportage - I don't really need a diesel engine and it would still be Kia).

is it true that a new Forester is coming? Anyone know when? Might be why dealer is giving discounts.

Also, how expensive is the Subaru maintenance cost - at par with Honda? Higher than Honda and reaching European car levels?

My rav4 is 8 years old and is still running fine. I think I can be happy with a car which can assure me that 8 pears from now, it would still be in good condition. Will the Kia give me that?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I think you can trust Kia in terms of reliability. Marami pa rin naman lumang Sportage na umiikot dito sa Metro Manila. At yung isang relative ko merong Kia Pregio na beater [family/business use...] around 150-170k na yung mileage. Of course nagkakaron ng problema every now and then but nothing major.

Subaru is nice. Baka lang mas magkaroon ka ng problema sa parts niya. I'm not saying you will, I'm just saying you might. Mas konti dealers niya compared sa Kia. Di ko rin sure how much yung maintenance ng XS kasi XT yung sa friend ko. Of course, it guzzles more gas than the Sportage simply because it's a turbo and is more powerful.

Question lang, aren't you considering other CUVs such as the Mazda CX5, ASX, Nissan XTrail?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Monty with the VGT does between 5-7 km/l in traffic. Just a bit better than the 3.0s. Much better with the MT, but the clutch is heavy as hell. The main benefit is that diesel is much cheaper than gas.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Monty with the VGT does between 5-7 km/l in traffic. Just a bit better than the 3.0s. Much better with the MT, but the clutch is heavy as hell. The main benefit is that diesel is much cheaper than gas.
    At par pala consumption niya sa 2.7 VVTi Fortuner. Yung non-VGT Montero kaya, Niky? Around that range din sa traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Question lang, aren't you considering other CUVs such as the Mazda CX5, ASX, Nissan XTrail?
    No, I'm not interested in the CX5, ASX and XTrail.

*Niky,

So the VGT's FC should be almost equal to the Sportage (2.0 Gas A/T), the advantage being that VGT's fuel is diesel?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    (this is why I'm not considering the Kia diesel sportage - I don't really need a diesel engine and it would still be Kia).
    Hyundai / Kia CRDi R-eVGT is one of the best diesel engine (below 2500cc) here in PH.

Mas kampante pa ako kapag Tucson R at yung Santa Fe R ang dala ko kesa dun sa Sportage Theta II namin eh. Way back 2010 may stalling issue ang Tucson Theta II. They blame the fuel pump. If the fuel pump is the culprit, pwede rin ito mangyari sa diesel. Pero wala pa reported case ng CRDi na nag-stall.

Pero sa grupo namin dalawang Tucson R-eVGT na ang alam kong bumigay ang fuel pump. Pero ang case, ayaw mag-start ng engine. Hindi nag-stall.

Kung ako lang naman, Sportage CRDi talaga. Tapos Forester XS. Tapos Monty. Tapos XV.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Sportage 2.0 or Forester 2.0 or Montero non VGT