New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Hi all!

My budget is only 1.2M so Sportage 2.0 is within budget. (not interested in Tucson wc is the equivalent)

I'm being tempted to pay higher amount with 2 other models:
    1. Montero non VGT entry level;
    2. Subaru Forester or Subaru XV.

Is the additional 150-200k worth it? (btw, not interested in the diesel variants of Tucson, Sportage)

Main use: home to office drivin; 1-2 passengers, occasional out of town; not a fast driver.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nah. I think the Sportage would be enough.

Masyadong malaki na Montero kung ikaw lang parati or +1-2 lang naman. Although mas may capability siya to ford floods, I'd say the additional won't be worth it kasi parang wala naman sa qualifications mo ang high ground clearance.

Lakas nga lang sa gas nung Sportage. Edge mo lang sa Montero yung diesel cost.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Is the Forester 2.0X bigger than the Sportage?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yes the forester is bigger than the sportage. the sportage is about the same size of the subaru xv.

in my opinion if you can afford to maintain a subaru get the xv if you don't need the size of the forester. the xv has great fc considering it's full time awd and gas engine. features i think the sportage has more but the overall performance, reliability and build quality is top notch compared to the sportage.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *istan prolly bigger cargo area

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    if car price is not an issue, Subaru na nga

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Subaru XV is you can the afford maintenance cost.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^ what contributes to the high cost of maintenance ng XV? sa lahat din ba ng Subaru cars?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Bang for the buck is the non-vgt montero sport. Kahit malaki, you never know when you'll eventually need the space and specially the ground clearance. Sarap din out of town, lalo na dun sa mga malalayo na walang paved road.

Matipid and malakas makina ng montero. Diesel costs less too per tankful vs gas. You'll have lots of mitsu dealers to choose from pag servicing.

Plus included na yata gps and video screen sa lahat ng montero.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    value for money montero. porma and safety XV.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Sportage 2.0 or Forester 2.0 or Montero non VGT