New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sachiel,
    I don't like Nissan at all. I saw the new Fortuner in NBC Tent yesterday at napapangitan pa rin ako.
    I'm actually considering the 4x2 eVGT Sta. Fe right now since pasok pa rin siya sa budget ko.
    My officemates are recommending this over Sorento. Sabi nila if ang worry ko lang is iyong depreciation ng value, mas magdedepreciate daw ang Sorento because aside from Kia having low resale value here in the Phil, nagkaroon din daw ng pre-selling discount last year which further undermines its value. And kahit saan (Korea, U.S.) daw, mas mahal daw ang Hyundai vs. Kia. Dito lang daw sa Pinas overpriced ang presyo ng Kia.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Nope, mas mahal ang Kia sa Korea. The TOTL Sorento in Korea with full options is around 2.5M while the SF is around 2.3M pesos pag na-convert.

Di naman totoo na mababa ang resale value ng Kia, tumaas na naman than before. At maraming Sorento sa US.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for the feedback SG! Mukhang iba-iba ang opinion at pinagsasabi ng mga tao. Anyways, it all boils down to who can give a better deal. I like both cars naman.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Konti lng kasi choices ng Nissan dito kaya nakakainis. Sana mag simula na yun Power 88 agad.

As what you said, go for whoever gives you the best deal. Both Sorento and Sta Fe are good cars and won't disappoint.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    forget the gas sorento. get the 5str evgt EX P1.69M

ive test driven the SF gas. iwan ng sportage gas yun

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Sir as mentioned before in my post according to that Korean gray importer mas pricey nga daw ang Sorrento compared to other Korean SUV in its class sa Korea...and recently talked to one of our korean client..and confirm nya na mas sought after nga ang Sorrento sa kanila.

The reason na nalalamangan sa popularity ng SF and Sorrento kase daw sis company nga sila and ang allocation daw ng example ReVGT engine is limited..siempre mas priority ang Hyundai SF..kesa sa sis company na Kia Sorrento. Yan daw reason kaya hanggang till now bihira ang Kia Sorrento Revgt and till now wla pa ring Diesel available for the Sportage.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I've actually considered the Sorento EX Diesel na 5-seater kaso walang stock. I've called in 5 branches and pare-pareho lang ang stocks nila. Ang meron lang available is the 4x2 EX Gas na 7-seater, or LX Diesel na 5-seater.

With that, I've made a reservation sa Sta. Fe instead.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Saan dealer ka nagpa-reserve ng Santa Fe?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Between the Santa Fe & Sorento ReVGT , ill get the sorento. Newer model compared to the santa fe...

Sportage? Mas bagay as lady driven specially the red & white ones

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    forget the gas sorento. get the 5str evgt EX P1.69M

ive test driven the SF gas. iwan ng sportage gas yun
    Well, nothing beats R-eVGT.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Sorento vs Sta. Fe vs Sportage